Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hustler,Scarab,Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39432-hustler-scarab-formula.html)

badasschevy 12-22-2002 12:32 AM

Hustler,Scarab,Formula

I have been looking at all 3 of these boats trying to get as much info as possible.Can you give me good and bad feedback on all of these boats.Im looking at all 38 footers.I plan on buying soon,so Im doing my homework ahead of time.

bearpaw 12-22-2002 07:15 AM

Go with the Hustler be a little different

Keith 12-22-2002 07:21 AM

Didn't mention what your main goal is on the water, but here's my very superficial take on all 3, or at least the first few things I thought of when I saw the brands:

Hustler - wanna go fast, speed #1 priority
Scarab - all around generally good performance
Formula - all of the above and the amenities to go with.

xtremeracingf1 12-22-2002 07:56 AM

If price is an issue I can get my hands on a brand new 38 Scarab with 500's.Dealer needs to move it and willing to sell it cheap...

formula31 12-22-2002 09:19 AM

Are you talking new or used? If used, how old? The scarabs and formulas have changed considerably over the years.

BAJA WILL 12-22-2002 12:20 PM

All are very nice boats, I say go for the Hustler, Not as plush as the others, but HP to HP, it will be the fastest of the three hands down. Also you don't see as many of them around.

My 2 cents

Will:cool:

IDRPSTF 12-22-2002 12:25 PM

B.A.C.-
I am about 40 minutes from Riverside. Let me know Prices and years you are looking for and I will get you a list of boats available in the area (New or Used) that you can look at. Are you planning on rnning in the Ocean or Lakes? Give me a call.

badasschevy 12-22-2002 12:53 PM

Thanks for all the feedback.Im looking at used,1998 to 2001 on all 3 boats.I will be using boat for pleasure and poker runs.Mostly lake mead,havasu,some ocean.I would like to pick one up with 500 efi and xr drives.I plan on whipples shortly after I buy and go with imco drives if I cant find boat with xr drives.Im concerned about performance of these boats (porpoise) at higher speeds,and spin outs on turns.

Panther 12-22-2002 01:17 PM

If all you care about is speed than the Husler is the ticket. But if you want comfort especially in rough water the Huster is not the boat to get. For me I would get the Scarab or the Formula because 90% of my boating is in rough water.

Actually, I would get an Outerlimits, Apache, or Cigarette for the conditions that I boat in.

Have fun, and good luck!

Panther 12-22-2002 01:20 PM

If you get the scarab get an AVS. Someone here in the area has a 2001 with 500's and it does a tad bit over 80mph.