Notices

Best car deals???

Old 12-22-2002, 11:06 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best car deals???

I need a cheap Daily driver looking at a Saturn L series like $169 to lease who else has good deals? would'nt mind a wagon or small suv.....
Old 12-22-2002, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a used pontiac?

2000 Pontiac Grand AM GT, 47000mi, Black w/ Charcoal interior, Air, Auto, Power Windows, Power locks, Power drivers side seat, AM/FM/CD, V6 $10K
Old 12-22-2002, 12:23 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeep Liberty. Real cute and feels solid.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Just bought a new 2003 Pontiac Sunfire for my daughter, List was 16544, I pd 11992, there was big rebates as well as the dealer sold to me 300 behind invoice cause of some year end sale. They have a toyota 150hp motor, no power windows or locks, but a/c, disc and so on, and cool daul exhaust, good luck, I couldn't find anything close to that price, except Kia or Hyandia.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Are you sure you want to lease? Typically the only acceptable reason to lease would be if it were owned by a company, for company business, then the entire lease payments can be written off in their entirety as you pay them. Otherwise, you are just "renting it".

If payment amount is your dilemma, then I recommend an older but reliable model with an extended warranty.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally posted by mcollinstn
Are you sure you want to lease? Typically the only acceptable reason to lease would be if it were owned by a company, for company business, then the entire lease payments can be written off in their entirety as you pay them. Otherwise, you are just "renting it".

If payment amount is your dilemma, then I recommend an older but reliable model with an extended warranty.
Or if you are like me and like to drive a new car every 2 years, make smaller payments than if you bought it outright, and do not like to take it in the ass when you trade, leasing is a great option.

Mike
Old 12-22-2002, 08:45 PM
Registered

WHat about a good reliable first car for a 16 year old? cheap insurance, cheap to buy, can be made faster.....?? anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-22-2002, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

big mike,

remember you are taking it in the a$$, your lease payment is based on the interest on the money AND the depreciation of the vehicle, and you know when thats the greatest............
Old 12-22-2002, 11:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Yeah, like Saber said.

A lease is a plan that starts with a "purchase price". They take this purchase price and add paperwork fees and a point or two for the dealership, then they add a second paperwork fee (for the end of the lease) upfront. Then, depending on the term of the lease, they look up the expected trade in value of the vehicle at the term of the loan (with no more than the agreed upon mileage) and draw up an amortization table that shows a balance equal to the expected trade-in value at the term of the loan. This table will give your lease payment.

At the end of the lease, you can buy your vehicle for an upfront agreed price or let them have it back (the agreed upon price is usually the trade-in value plus a point).

If you are leasing, you are buying at retail or at a discounted retail price (way above wholesale). You are paying the principal and interest on the car for the loan term and letting them have it back at wholesale.

Granted, automakers will run promotionals that are special option packages that are tied to an attractive lease plan. Some of these are a pretty good deal, but be aware that they can also be bought straight out for less..

Here is when a lease makes sense:
1) When you know that you will turn the vehicle in and it will be worth less than the previously determined trade in value.
2) If you expect the vehicle to be involved in an expensive wreck - we all know that our car, once wrecked, is never worth what it should be. Lease returns cannot discriminate against a repaired automobile if it has been repaired at their own chain of dealerships.
3) If you just don't like the hassle of wondering when you will be trading cars...
Old 12-22-2002, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1 year old off lease Ford Taurus $11,000-$12,500 with 12,000-18,000k miles. Solid cummuter car. 20+mpg, ABS, dual air bag, cheap ins.

Quick Reply: Best car deals???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.