Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Duct Tape.....how have you used it to make a repair, etc...marine or otherwise. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39543-duct-tape-how-have-you-used-make-repair-etc-marine-otherwise.html)

bajadude 12-24-2002 11:19 AM

Middle of nowhere in up state ME sledding. Threads holding the cap on the coolant reservoir on my wives sled stripped. Duct taped the threads, put the cap on and duct taped the chit out of the reservoir. Made it back almost 100 miles. Kept it that way the rest of the season with no problems :D :D :D Never sled without it:cool:

Audiofn 12-24-2002 11:32 AM

I used it once when one of my engine hoses got a hole in it. Wrapped it up and actually left it on there for the weekend!!! I could not find another hose and it worked fine, just kept my eye on it.

Another board memeber hear got hit by a drunk boater and his boat sank in front of his house. My buddy took Duct tape and made a HUGE pannel out of it and then jumped in the water and applied it UNDERWATER!!!! It held on there well enough that we got the boat dry and Paul was able to drive it over to the nearest ramp and pull it out!!!!! :D:D

Lots of good uses for Duct tape, just DO NOT use it on anything in the sunlight or heat if you ever want it to come off :(

Jon

mika 12-24-2002 11:35 AM

When I was 17 years old I was glassing the hull deck joint together on a 16' boat I was fixing up. Well my girlfriend was hanging around being bored and thought it would be really neat to remove the HAIR from my LEG:eek: :mad: with a peice of DUCT TAPE as I was buried up in the bow of the boat completely helpless.:crazy:

Kohldog 12-24-2002 12:58 PM

A couple of years back I tore up my ankle pretty bad while on a boat trip. Didn't want to go to the hospital in a small town and incure doctors fees away from my clinic. Since nothing seemed broken, my solution to the problem was ----- DUCT TAPE. I put on a layer upside down so it didn't stick to me and then wrapped the hell out of it. That fine silver cast held my foot from bouncing on a 50 mile ride home. I won't go boating again without that handy tool. :D

HyperBaja 12-24-2002 01:04 PM

I helped the neighbor fix his prop with it. The dings arent as noticable. Grey duct tape on a ss prop, he is not always off, but always drunk.

MnFastBoat 12-24-2002 01:24 PM

don't even own a roll
first time I used it in over 3 years was 2 weeks ago for the Monster Truck show at hte Dome. I was a part of the crew that helped set the track and work the show. Used it to put the blue tarp safety barrier all the way around the seating area.

Other then that, never used it :(

I never said that I cold have used it at some point, just never have.

PhantomChaos 12-24-2002 01:28 PM

The limit of my mechanical expertise:

If is doesn't move and it should: apply WD-40

If it moves and it shouldn't: apply duct tape

Tbonepmp 12-24-2002 01:37 PM

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
The limit of my mechanical expertise:

If is doesn't move and it should: apply WD-40

If it moves and it shouldn't: apply duct tape

I GUESS THIS HAS A GREAT DEAL TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT YOU OWN A FORMULA...!!!!:D :p

NO OFFENSE TROUTLY!!!!:cool:

*(J/K)*

PhantomChaos 12-24-2002 01:39 PM

Originally posted by Tbonepmp
I GUESS THIS HAS A GREAT DEAL TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT YOU OWN A FORMULA...!!!!:D :p

NO OFFENSE TROUTLY!!!!:cool:

*(J/K)*

This is pretty much the reason Tony.......it never breaks. :D :D :D

Tbonepmp 12-24-2002 01:45 PM

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
This is pretty much the reason Tony.......it never breaks. :D :D :D
I BEG TO DIFFER MY LITTLE FRIEND, WHY DON'T YOU ASK SIR TROUTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS DASH ON THE BRUTAL WATERS OF LOTO? THEN AGAIN, THAT POND YOU BOAT ON... WHAT IS IT CALLED HAVAZOOOOOOOO....:D DOESN'T EVEN GET A SLIGHT CHOP DOES IT??? BTW, I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR CHRISTMAS GIFT!:eek: :D :p