Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Duct Tape.....how have you used it to make a repair, etc...marine or otherwise. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39543-duct-tape-how-have-you-used-make-repair-etc-marine-otherwise.html)

PhantomChaos 12-24-2002 01:51 PM

The pond? Oh.....you mean the Pacific Ocean. Have you ever seen an ocean you land lover! You don't even qualify to be on a "offshore" boating site you friggin poodle! I only go to Havasu 2-3 times a year because it's too friggin busy!

:D :D :D

Tbonepmp 12-24-2002 02:02 PM

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
The pond.... yeah I know. I wish I had an offshore boat so I could go boating in the Pacific Ocean. I'm such a land lover! I don't even qualify to be on a "offshore" boating site.... GEEZ, I'm such a friggin poodle! I only go to Havasu 2-3 times a year because it's too friggin busy!

:D :D :D

GAME, SET, MATCH.... THE WINNER IS TBONEPMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NORTY, IT MUST SUCK ALWAYS COMING IN SECOND PLACE... THEN AGAIN.... I GUESS YOU'RE USE TO IT DRIVING A FORMULA!!!!!!!:D :p

RumRunner 12-24-2002 02:02 PM

Duct Tape

-I've taped the front end back onto a race car after contact with a MPH marker
-Taped a door back together after a kid on a scooter ran into it
-Wraped up a broken u-joint after exploding it to limp home
-and taped a bunch of lug nuts to a guys drive shaft, he was being a jerk, and I'm sure the vibration he felt while driving home scared the crap out of him !!!

PhantomChaos 12-24-2002 02:04 PM

Originally posted by Tbonepmp
GAME, SET, MATCH.... THE WINNER IS TBONEPMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NORTY, IT MUST SUCK ALWAYS COMING IN SECOND PLACE... THEN AGAIN.... I GUESS YOU'RE USE TO IT DRIVING A FORMULA!!!!!!!:D :p

Living in a fantasy world huh? I spank your stupid little CAP LITTERED POSTS EVERY TIME!!!! :D :D :D :D

Kohldog 12-24-2002 02:07 PM

Rumrummer, Did the Lugnuts come form his car?:eek: :eek: :D

RumRunner 12-24-2002 02:19 PM

Nope not from his car, but I know some guys who wired a guys horn to his brake light switch for being a pain in the but !!! The next time to his head lights when he was leaving for a long ride....

rbtnt 12-24-2002 05:13 PM

It will hold your shoe together if you have a blow out in the middle of nowhere.

A friend calls it mother-in-law tape:D

Allan4 12-24-2002 10:52 PM

Originally posted by RumRunner
Nope not from his car, but I know some guys who wired a guys horn to his brake light switch for being a pain in the but !!! The next time to his head lights when he was leaving for a long ride....
That one is going into the memory bank........:D :D :D :D

Wildfire 12-24-2002 11:47 PM

College: Sealed leaking sunroof on Olds Cutlass - two applications per year. Also useful for making two canoes into a "four-man drinking platform" on float trips - more stable, less waste.

Now: Covered holes in transom during trailer swapping. Still there too. What can I say, it's Arkansas!

Audiofn 12-25-2002 12:13 AM

Originally posted by RumRunner
When I was a rep for Car electronics I stopped in at a store and these guys had wired a LARGE cap into this guys seat. So when he stopped by and tried to get the car with out paying he got WACKED HUGE with a shock. He came right into the store to pay :D:D

Jon