Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Feedback from Jersey Boyz Meeting (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39577-feedback-jersey-boyz-meeting.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 01-03-2003 09:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was pleased with the meeting. Always like to see an OPEN Forum and the ideas that come from it implemented by a BOARD.
Great meeting, great people, and great food!;)

Just so others get a better understanding of the A.C. Poker Run.
It is a 2 day event. Saturday & Sunday. The NJPPC has the run on Saturday following with a great party out on "THE DECK" of Trumps Marina. It doesn't stop there. Sunday morning, everyone joins together for an awesome breakfast party in Trump's Ballroom. Afterthat, many will meet down at the docks and set a game plan for either running inside or out and parade back to the Waters Edge or their respective home ports. It's truely a great event that shouldn't be rushed through.

I hope to attend all the races in NJ this year, but if one falls on the A.C. Poker Run, I am already committed to be there.

With best wishes for the best season ever. Race&Poker!!!!:) :) :)

BODYSHOT1 01-03-2003 09:27 AM

Thanks Shark!!

c-you in AC :cool:

Marty

SHARKEY-IMAGES 01-03-2003 10:38 AM

They are just recovering from New Years Eve celebrations....:crazy:

Hopefully they will be back in full swing by Monday...:D :D :D

So Snglsnack, What are you asking for your boat??? Would you like me to put it on my "Classifieds" page? :confused:

Link to CLASSIFIEDS

AugiePensa 01-03-2003 01:12 PM

Guys,"IF" we had ALL the answers we wouldn't have called a meeting,asked for your thoughts and Kurt would not have gone into his own pocket to pay for the afternoon.....Snglestack come to Smittys Marina after 1:00 PM Saturday 1/4/03 for lunch with us(He's getting old so we try not to let him work all day on Saturday's) and we'll go over anything thats in your head or call me, if I can I'll try to answer your Questions or a least guide you in the right direction. I/We don't have all the answers and never said we did,thats why WE asked for some input from Everyone. The # is 201-863-3560..Thanks Augie

T2x 01-03-2003 02:03 PM

Singlestack:

Nothing is perfect and no group is without some internal friction, but sometimes you simply play the odds. The odds here are simple:

1. You have a great group of people in the Jersey Boyz....not perfect nor should anyone expect them to be.

2. You have an enthusiastic desire to do something positive for the sport and the local participants.........no perfection implied or needed.

3. They are open and honest about who they are and aren't afraid to make statements in person face to face. An admirable (but not perfect)quality requiring the courage to stand for something.

4. They provide great food....not perfect....just great.

5. It provides a bridge between the APBA and SBI racers in the area.......not a perfect bridge of course.....but the only really useable one in a LONG time. Not only that....... with a little luck the same bridge may reach the Poker Runners as well.

All in all what's the harm in this effort? You can join it, watch it or ignore it. Why throw rocks at it????

By the way........."Single stack Mack with a window in the back" mean anything to ya?

T2x

AugiePensa 01-03-2003 04:48 PM

TX2, Thank You...couldn't have said it better!

snglestack 01-03-2003 04:52 PM

augie thanks for the invite but i will be at n,y. boat show sat.and sun. and then to marco island for a week call you when i get back to meet you t2x clueless as to your question :drool: :drool: :drool:

T2x 01-03-2003 04:56 PM

We'll see.............

T2x

AugiePensa 01-04-2003 06:37 AM

Snglestack,look up my DAD when you get to Marco Island....He's been on the Island for 38 years,his name is Jack Pensa. If ya fish or golf let me know I'll have him set something up while your there. Augie

pantera38 01-04-2003 10:18 AM

Is Smittys marine actually at 799 Rt 70? and is it easy to find from the highway? I'd like to stop by and meet you guys.
Lou