Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What did you spend on your better 1/2's gift? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39582-what-did-you-spend-your-better-1-2s-gift.html)

Dredgeking 12-25-2002 08:33 PM

spent a few bucks and got her a rolex.

26scarab 12-25-2002 10:28 PM

I didn't get too crazy this year, it wasn't really a good year moneywise.
She got a Tiffany bracelet , she had no clue that I knew she wanted one. I overheard her telling one of her friends a few months ago.
Wings tickets
A book she had been looking for and some perfume.
We've only been together for two years and I think it is just crazy to spend thousands on gifts unless it is something like a vacation.

wwwTOPDJcom 12-26-2002 12:42 AM

I took it easy this year, last chrismas was a new digital video camera and for her jan 20 birthday/ valintines day 1 carat princess cut , so this year the boats getting more POWER Damn it!

obnoxus 12-26-2002 04:41 AM

Ya know we used to spend thousands of dollars on eachother for Christmas and it bothered me. There was not alot of thought put into it, just running around trying to spend money on stuff we didnt want...... this year we put a limit of $1,000 each on eachother, put some thought into it and got things eachother really wanted. made for a better Chrismas I think.

NASTY HABIT 12-26-2002 07:08 AM

Yo Gator........we prefer the Penthouse Forum...:) We did end up getting a room though....;)

RCM255 12-26-2002 08:57 AM

xmas wise i only spent about $80
i'm still paying for the nice rock she got a couple months ago
in my mind it all evens out
probably not in hers though:eek:

mr_velocity 12-26-2002 02:08 PM

This year not much, figure the '01 Lexus LX470 I gave her for Christmas in '00 will keep me free from having to shop for a while. I did it just like the commercials too, took delivery Christmas Eve and left the truck in the driveway with a big red bow. Wrapped up a Lexus baseball cap which she opened and complained about how ugly it was. I told her it came with these and dropped the keys in her lap. Still took her a few minutes to figure out what was going on but when she did she burst into tears and ran out the front door.
Now the big question is how long can I keep this non-shopping going?

G-Force 12-26-2002 03:32 PM

I actually just counted how much I spent...OUCH!!:eek:
Big diamond pendant, leather coat, clothes, home furnishings....but as I look at my new Movado watch, slip on my new leather coat, and drive home today to play my new video game (and have my honey come and hand me a cold drink)...I figure she was worth every penny spent!

Oh yeah....should have seen what I got when I fist opened my eyes Christamas morning!!!:D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

BigMike 12-26-2002 05:33 PM

Diamond earrings, new cell phone, new computer, and a truck load of small stuff. All in all, a pretty easy year on the wallet.

Mike

Intolerant1 12-26-2002 08:34 PM

We cut way back this year as we are saving our pennies for a new home/farm. I would rather spend the $ on a getaway weekend then somthing I wont use a year from now anyway. How many people recall who gave them what last year or the year b4 anyway?