Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   National Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39665-national-marine.html)

MrMagloo 01-09-2003 10:08 AM

Amen!

vagrant 01-09-2003 10:29 AM

I just received a phone call from Tommy and Bill at National Marine. I believe that they will resolve my problem shortly. I believe National Marine wants to take care of there problems and
put things to rest. I did ask them to respond to the problems on here . I believe they feel, that if they satisfy the customer then National Marine will receive good feed back here. National Marine has made a generous offer to satisfy me untill my problem gets resolved. I do thank Natinal Marine for that!
David Ledford

jafo 01-09-2003 10:33 AM

Originally posted by MrOffshore
What jet?? Do tell more?

If it's not at least a G3 don't bother.

Since they can't seem to return calls or e-mails, which is just plain good business, I seriously doubt they made the right choice in a jet either.
BTW, that should read "if it's not a Falcon, don't bother". Gulstreams are good looking, but VERY old technology.;) :D

Daryl 01-09-2003 11:29 AM

The fact is the starboard engine only had 12 hours on it the port had 30 hours on it. The boat ran fine for me. As far as the gas tank I knew nothing about that. They are trying to flip blame on me. They did have the option to do any test they wanted to befor they took the used boat.

45sonic 01-09-2003 11:40 AM

Just a quick note to say that I also talked with Bill and we have come to an understanding that is beneficial to both of us. Part of the problem was that being in a different state the "rules" for registration are diffrent than what I am used to. The boat we purchased is an excellent product and National is warranting the drives and engines and is willing to have a mechanic come down for the spring start up. They did a deal with us that no one else would even touch. For that I say THANK YOU to Bill and his staff.

Bill and Patti

Tbonepmp 01-09-2003 01:00 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
I meant you thought his new jet was pretty cool :)
HEY TROUTLY... WIPE OFF YOUR NOSE BRO, YOU HAVE A LIL' SOMETHING ON IT....:eek: :D :drool:

Bosco 01-09-2003 01:04 PM

Daryl,

I dont know about Ohio, However here in Florida the insurance you bought is regulated through the state insurance commissioner. You should not need an attorney, simply call and follow up with written complaint. The state must have laws in effect to protect the consumer.
Also, your contract is with the insuranse company not a dealer. The dealer only submits an application for a policy, something smells fishy! becouse these are profit centers for the dealers they sell the policy that makes the most money. Not necessarally the one that will offer the best protection.
Read your policy thoroughly, there has to be a cancellation clause somewhere in the fine print. Most will refund by prorating the balance on the contract by calander.
In 20 years I have never had to sign off on any kind of customer refund. Typically the dealers selling volumes of warranties have to maintain a dealer reserve accoutn for this type of refund.
Good Luck!

Ike 01-09-2003 01:32 PM

Re: come on guys

Originally posted by KnowNothin
I've been dealing with National Marine since mid 90's.
They are a great bunch of guys. They took care of me on every issue I ever had.
I'm sure there are 2 sides to every story........
I think Daryl is not stating all the facts, so I called Bill myself to see what's up...
Find out Daryl traded in a boat with 2 blown motors and a cracked fuel tank. I will not go into any more details because it's all second hand info. coming from me, but Bill told me they would be posting something about the matter.
Daryl, all I know, if you did that to me, I wouldn't be in a hurry to refund anything to you.
Thanks,
Have a nice day

That's Bull****, I was on Daryls boat before they picked it up and the engines were fine:mad:

WesSmith 01-09-2003 01:52 PM

Still doesn't explain ignoring the calls and e-mails of potential customers looking for information on boats they've advertised....

Ike 01-09-2003 02:17 PM

Exactly:eureka: