Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   hustler pace boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39683-hustler-pace-boat.html)

Panther 12-27-2002 02:17 PM

I'' tell ya. The two boats are so different (Hustler and Outerlimits that is). I have been on a few different Hustlers, and they all had different rides.

Someone once told me that the OL 37' had a very rough ride. Well that all changed when I drove one about 5 years ago. What a great riding boat. Very sturdy, and lands very well when airborne. It will probably be my next boat, or a Cig??

42' OL, one of the nicest rides I have been on in a long time. The boat was a rock. Could have used a tad bit better handleing in tight turns at speed.

40' Hustler. Well I thought it was going to be the same ride at the 37 OL since they are so similiar. The boat felt sturdy, and it had good speed. The problems I encountered were in rough water. When riding over swells the boat felt like it would fall over them. On several occasions the drives came out of the water from riding over the crest's of the wave. It just didn't seem to carry the nose too well in the rough. In calm water riding flat out 95mph, it was pretty fast, but did bob up and down a lot. This was even with running a neutral tab.

32' Hustler was a very nice ride for the size boat it was. It is pretty predictable, and lands smoothly. good power to speed ratio. No step's, and it doesn't need any. The boat kept pulling and pulling.

Now the 38', I have not had a chance to ride in, but I have heard horror stories from owners and passengers.

What is everyone else opinion?

bobby daniels 12-27-2002 03:12 PM

YOUR RIGHT HORROR STORIES on the 388 !!
since the guys at outer limits started Hustler you would think they would be close to the same , but they are different as night and day in performance and resale !!

TOPS 12-27-2002 09:53 PM

I think you guys have a couple things wrong in this thread. Paul Fiore started Hustler first and son Mike started his bussiness well after Hustler.....anyway I am not going deep in this But, the 388 is an awsome running boat both in flat and rough. You can carve the boat hard at speed .......and remember....F2-88 was the winningness F2 boat....

bobby daniels 12-28-2002 11:50 AM

WINING F-2 BOAT IT HAD A DIFFERENT BOTTOM OR WAS BUILT BETTER THAN A STANDARD 388 TO MANY PAST OWNERS AND DRIVERS OF 388 HAVE RESPONDED IN THE LAST SEVERAL THREADS ABOUT 388'S TROUBLES FOR IT NOT TO BE TRUE , TRY TRADING OR SELLING ONE TO A BROKER IN THE BOATING CAPITAL
FLA. OF THE WORLD ,THEY WILL LAUGH AT YOU !
IT DOES O.K WITH SMALL POWER IN A LAKE BUT THATS IT ,TO MUCH LIFT IN THE HULL FOR ANY REAL SPEED ,LOOK AT ANY DECK AND SEE THE ROUND IMPERFECTIONS IN THE GLASS ,

ITS COMICAL,

WELL I COULD GO ON FOR HOURS BUT WHY BEAT A DEAD BOAT ,
JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH

kidhustler 12-29-2002 09:52 PM

THE HUSTLER PACE BOAT WAS THE ORIGINAL PLUG FOR THE PRODUCTION BOATS IT WEIGHED ABOUT 2500 POUNDS MORE THAN THE PRODUCTION BOATS WITH THE TRIPLE LAMBO 650HP/ ARNESON COMBO THE BOAT HIT 105. LAMBO PULLED THE PLUG ON THE PROJECT WHEN THEY CHANGED OWNERSHIP AND DECIDED NOT TO GO AFTER THE PLEASURE BOAT MARKET IN THE USA. THE MOTORS WERE RETURNED TO ITALY AND THE BOAT WAS REPOWERED WITH SOME BIG COBRAS AND SSM6 AND SOLD. NO IDEA WHERE IT IS NOW. IT WAS AN AWSOME RIDE IN ITS DAY

jbrauer 12-30-2002 09:39 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
The black Sutphen is owned by Bill Dahl of East Peoria, IL. The boats named Nas-T and is a 39 Sutphen.
"Nas-T" was at the Strugeon Bay Poker Run on Lake Michigan this past July. It still has all the Lambo logos on the deck, but the motors are now big block Chevys. They weren't running very fast and I don't seem to remember any blowers on them.

Jeff

Sean 12-30-2002 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The pace boat became the boat pictured below and was owned by a gentleman from NY. It was painted here on Long Island...I remember when they removed those chrome letters...it won Queen of the Hudson in 2000 at one of Billy Frenz's poker runs...and got a trophy for nicest paint...I haven't seen it in quite some time though...

bobby daniels 12-30-2002 02:29 PM

WELL IT WAS BUILT BY THE OLD OWNERS OF HUSTLER SO THATS WHY ITS STILL OUT THERE ,WE HOPE :D :confused: