Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Tampa area residents real estate ? >

Tampa area residents real estate ?

Notices

Tampa area residents real estate ?

Old 12-26-2002, 06:01 PM
Intolerant1

Default Tampa area residents real estate ?

The company that I am going to pursue a career with has an office in Tampa. My wife is in the horse business and we are looking into property, at least 25 acres. How far outside of Tampa do you have to get before real estate prices start to drop? We are looking for rural property. Hopefully moving within the next year. Any suggestions on the area appreciated.

Old 12-26-2002, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will probably need to go North past or around Lutz. Zip code is 33549. Look on a map around Hwy 52. I am not very familiar but I think that area and maybe Odessa area would work.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:05 PM
Registered

Ocala area is huge in the horse industry. I don't now what she does, but there is plenty all around Marion County. Depending who needs to be closest to there career, it is approx 45 mins - 1 hour from Tampa.

Welcome to the area.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:17 PM
Intolerant1

WE have looked at the Ocala area. My wife is trainer and runs a large stable. We have about 40 horses but we lease the farm and the $ is killing us. About $70K in rent this year. We need to be near people with money to spend, yet far enough out that land, taxes, etc. are reasonable. Ocala is beautiful but saturated with stables. It would be better to be the only game in town
If we can ge enough property with proper zoning, I would like to build some barns and run a storage business as well. I'm also considering specialized transport ie. horses, boats etc.

Old 12-27-2002, 06:25 AM
Offshore Addiction

pasco county is where you need to be,about 20 to 40 mins outside tampa,taxes are about half,better jump soon because the area is severly growing,there are several options around here and you get kick but tax breaks for livestock.They just tore down one of the biggest horse ranches around me and put a Publix there now.been living in wesley chapel for about 13 years and really love it,and the ramps are about 30-40 minutes away,can probally help you out with some realeste people and mortgage brokers if the need arises......

Old 12-27-2002, 07:03 AM
Registered

Yes, Pasco county is great. Also, keep Hernando County in mind. It has very beautiful land and a few farms still. Citrus County may be an option. Rural some farms and Pro Line Boats if you are looking to get into boat transport. That's where I am and I love it. Not alot of traffic. Great boating. Less than an hour to better boating, resteraunts and malls.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:56 PM
Registered

I'm a Realtor in South Florida. I lived in Tampa for 8 years Fever Mike is correct, youy might want to look in Valrico-Lakeland area also and possibly south near apollo Bch, I Know of a great Realtor in Tampa, call me and I'll get you hooked up(954)805-9828
Hugh
Old 12-27-2002, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Right behind my subdivision there are horse farms off of Race Track Rd before Patterson rd. Look in Odessa, Lutz ect. You will only be 15 -20 min from anything in Tampa.
Mike
Mike, The only problem with our area is that good buildable land is going for around $150,000 per acre. That adds up real quick. Plus the taxes in Hillsborough will kill you. I would definately look in Pasco/Hernanco/Polk. 3 acre mini-ranch (more like micro ranch) off of Boy Scout Road are going for $400,000. Then you have to add a house, barn, out buildings, boat storage facility, etc. Plan on spending around $1,000,000 to get into something nice.

Mike

You may also want to look at Manatee County. Lots of undeveloped land and close to Tampa (interstate all the way).