If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Key West Races

Registered Platinum Member THEJOKER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
    Lake Lanier - N. Georgia

Lightbulb yo Bruce.....

Hey what's happening? I'll never take anything away from the Dirty Cash guy's - class act! It was pretty rough in Texas and Savannah when we raced them. Have you ever seen that big ass motor in the Super Boat? That is one fast ass boat and those guys are seasoned veterans. We passed them once in KW and were right on their ass the entire race. They could definitely out turn us - no way I was going to turn the Cigarette hard and tight. As the race progressed I was trimming up and taking all tab out - it would of been very close if they would have not broken. As far as the Joker I still can't say what's up and I'll be able to tell you guys by Wednesday. It's looking like a P-4 boat though. Keep in touch - Brian

PS - who is the RLW guy? I saw his post about fishing - nice!

AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
    So true BJ. hopefully #3 will be better. The Factory classes are the most fun to watch, I just got my 2002 season from Freeze Frame, but they do get the "short end" of the camera lense when it comes to coverage so far. We'll see what happens next week!!!

Brian, glad to hear you may be running with us in the NE. Looks like a big turn out next year. Hey Bruce, how bout dose Giants!!!!!

Edison, NJ, USA

those Giants really pulled one out of their butts...

But they aint gonna make it if they keep droppin the ball..

Platinum Member Platinum Member Reindl Powerboats's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Reindl 28 Vamp, Reindl One Design
    Zero Cavity is the P4 World and National Champions. We hope to have his boat converted and running in the One Design Next year. I think the prize money we gave out at the end of the year interested him to say the least - for if he would have done what he did in my class, he would have walked away with over $18,000.
    Chris Reindl
    Chris Reindl

My Boats:
    Edison NJ USA
    The coverage was better earlyer in the year when they showed more racing.I know we all want to be seen but its not possable to show 40 differant boats in a 1 hour show and try to make it exciting.SBI coverage is the same way and very boring to watch evan as a racer.SHOW A RACE.Why dont they get it.
    APBA needs to establish which classes are the most competitive with the most boats and tell everyone up front they are the only classes that will be telivised.No more than 4 classes
    Sorry if I have pissed some of you off with this idea but its the way it has to be.

My Boats:
    2007 30 ACTIVATOR
    Boothwyn Pa
    I agree with you Candy. The begining of the year was much better than the last few shows. Coverage should be F1 and F2 and supercat and what ever other class that happens to have a good race that weekend. Showing a bunch of boats will make those teams happy that they got T.V. coverage but that does nothing towards attracting a television crowd.
    Watching Bacardi silver or outerlimits run is Boring. Those boats are awesome but you lose interest real fast when there is no one to race against. Especially in flat water!
    Just my .02. I'm sure not everyone agrees.

Member #2 ....Jeeezz Charter Member cigarette1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Toy Boat - Toy Boat - Toy Boat
    Kicked to the curb
    The flat water coverage looks like slow boats running on an unlimited course. There needs to be coverage of the boats on the rougher legs of the course, then it would look like the crew actually had skills.

I agree with you. Half way through the show I went to Home Depot to get stuff for the house. Not to say others who wern't there did not enjoy the show or those who were there and not in the boats didn't dig it. The photography could have been ramped up several notches. There was action on the course. The excitment is boats flying out of the water, deck to deck finishes and some good trash talking in the pits. "Team Typhonn rules the Seas" Now thats some some serious trash.

The next show may be better. Some of the footage was in the preview show. I would imagine the year end wrap up should be very good.

Mike J
    Did anyone notice that in the
    race with the Bat-Boat that the
    Christie Photo Boat had lost the
    Stbd. Side BOTTOM of their boat.
    I think BOB was running to stay
    Mike J.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast