Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Key West Races (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39762-key-west-races.html)

TYPHOON 12-30-2002 04:40 PM

BJ you know Im talking about.They are missing some real good footage of great racing because someone is to cheep to put more cameras on boats and more camera men on the course in the ruff or turns.WHAT ARE THEY THINKING.First we have to pay Freeze Frame $600 to put 1 onboard camera on our boat.That still blows my mind.
First they should pay to put 4 cameras on each boat that is a contender.Next put a camera man on as many turn boats as possable in tuna towers.Let Jamie keep interviewing the teams (she does a great job).Take 15min to interview each team verbaly to get there story and edit the tape.All we have now is either a helocopter or someone on land.I guaranty if they put a camera forward, backward,both sides and one in the cockpit of my boat they would have people sitting on the edge of there seats.Now multiply that by 10 and you have a show!Now thats not so hard is it.ENOUGH of the slide show of 50 boats
Randy

TYPHOON 12-30-2002 04:49 PM

These are just ideas to improve the show.They have come along way this year and I have gotten more coverage than most.I just thoght it was more fun to watch when we raced in Marathon,Daytona and Bahamas where it was more racing
Randy

gdfatha 12-30-2002 05:28 PM

Damage???

1 Attachment(s)
where??

TYPHOON 12-30-2002 07:24 PM

The boat looks good there.

THEJOKER 12-30-2002 07:50 PM

yep...............

I saw the delam going on on Bob Christies boat. A few more laps and that puppy would of been going down! BH

Mike J 12-30-2002 09:22 PM

Watch the rerun on Thurs.
Watch when the Boat rolls to
the side.
Wish I could send photos to
the board,I got some in the
pits after the race.
I know a lot about that boat.
Mike J.

Pete B 12-30-2002 11:41 PM

randy, the only thing bad about camera's on a boat's tuna tower would be rough water, great for racing bad for filming. but agree more camera's are needed. including more in the helo's. the start of every race should be shown due to the amount of boats that line up. a blimp would be nice as well able to cover the whole course, maybe vortec or mercury can spend the bucks. hope all have a safe and happy new year.

TYPHOON 12-31-2002 09:13 AM

I still say there has to be away to get more footage with out the racers having to pay for the cameras.
Randy

Mike J 12-31-2002 02:37 PM

Just got home and reran the tape
of the Bob Christie Boat and it
really shows the delam at the
finish right under the driver.
Bob said he made a hard right
turn and went stright to the
Ramp.
Mike J.

gdfatha 12-31-2002 03:11 PM

Upon further review