Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So, where exactly is Lake Cumberland??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39766-so-where-exactly-lake-cumberland.html)

GETTINBYE 12-31-2002 01:45 PM

FAST ENOUGH,

Good to hear that you are not boatless. You had me a little concerned with that one. Its not like the one your in has the new worn off of it yet.

Mark

mama tryed 01-05-2003 08:08 AM

Hey Fowl, Whats UP??

While this is still in the planning stages, I would like to submit an alternative Desination.. Ky. Lake!!!!!
The Drive would be about the Same, for you Northern Guys, and it would be a Whole Lot closer , for the LOTO Group!!!!!
It's around 9 to 10 Hrs. from Detroit,,, and 4 hrs from St. Louis..
Now you Lake Cumberland Guys, don't Spaz out on me,, Mama and I love it over there, Weve been doing that Poker run, for a long Time!!!!!! I think Ky. Lake would be a Lot better Suited, for a "GET TOGETHER"
We have Bigger Water, Beaches you can pull up on, Resturants and Taverns on the Water, The Rock Quarry, which is our Answer to the Falls, Boats, Babes, Etc,,,,,,
Our OSO Group here, is ready, willing, and Able, to Make it a HAPPENING!!!!!!

Waterfoul 01-05-2003 10:17 AM

Hmmm....so many destinations and invitations, so little summer and $$ :D

Gordo 01-05-2003 11:27 AM

<laughing @ Foul..>

Just what I was thinking,
So much water, so little money :rolleyes:

mama tryed 01-06-2003 06:06 AM

MONEY??? What's that??????:D :D :D :D

GETTINBYE 01-06-2003 03:49 PM

Well guys if you have not already seen it, the Feburary issue of Powerboat did an article on the 2002 Lake Cumberland Poker Run . It starts on page 64.

As you can see by the pics and text it is a fairly big draw. I am sure that most of you are familiar with several of the boats shown. Just keeps getting bigger and better.

Just more incentive to come to Lake Cumberland. The poker run is always the weekend after Labor Day (Sept. 5 & 6th, 2003)

Mark

stevel 01-06-2003 04:25 PM

Before you go make sure you buy all the alchohol you plan on consuming for the whole trip. The county is DRY. You CANNOT buy a beer.

However, You can bring in all you can carry and drink it as long as they cannot tell what it is from the container. Lots of starbucks mugs filled with beer.

FAST ENOUGH 01-06-2003 04:31 PM

KY Lake

Our group is allways looking a new things to do. We have talked about going to the KY Lake many time. I think a KY Lake OSO meet would be great.
:D

Waterfoul 01-06-2003 06:18 PM

So, your telling me that I can't even have a Bud Light can in my hand while on my boat????

GETTINBYE 01-06-2003 07:13 PM

Waterfoul,

That is not what is being said, however you must be "DISCRETE" with the container it is packaged in, and not physically show impairedness. Other than that should be no problem.

Discretion is the key.

Mark