Notices

to buy or not to buy

Old 12-29-2002, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to buy or not to buy

Well, anybody going to spend some money in 2003, are will you be holding up, I am thinking about buying a bigger boat, but the economy has me worried a bit, any thoughts on this?
Old 12-29-2002, 08:47 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

If everybody waits to see what the economy does, it will only decline. I buy what I want as soon as I can afford it.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:50 AM
Ric232

Default Re: to buy or not to buy

Originally posted by H2Xmark
Well, anybody going to spend some money in 2003, are will you be holding up, I am thinking about buying a bigger boat, but the economy has me worried a bit, any thoughts on this?
If you are concerned about your future earnings, the only advice I can give is not to pay cash for the boat (assuming you can get a good interest rate). You should be able to get a good deal right now.

Old 12-29-2002, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree Live for today and not worry aboat tomarrow.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Registered

I was planning on a bigger boat. I ended up with a prenant wife. I may have to put it (boat) on hold until 04. Although my job is affected by the economy, that does not have any bearing on my decision. The more I buy, the harder I am forced to work to make more money.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:07 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Gator I think my wife might also be "Prenant"... That's why we need a bigger boat!
Old 12-29-2002, 10:25 AM
Registered

We're in the same boat as you are... we want to go from our 26 to a 31...... The concerns of my company tightening the ropes scare us as well.... We could get into a new to year old boat, but things would be very tight..... and right now that scares me.... so we sat down and put together a plan of attack.... First sell our boat and trailer, sell trailer I had bought for a new boat that we were going to buy and sell our 4th car. And during this time, I'm going to put up a 26' x 40' x 10' garage. Only when we complete these items, then we will bring home the new boat. So I guess what I am saying is tighten up as much as you can and keep the loan down as much as possible on a new boat. Then if things do go bad for you, you only have one headache to worry about.... That's my plan of attack to deal with fears concerning the economy.... No more leaving out the slack with the finances..... But, it is so tempting when you see the new boat to want to bring it home..... Anyone looking for a 26' boat and trailer? 1993 BMW 325IS.... Unused trailer for 29-31' boat?
Old 12-29-2002, 01:08 PM
Registered

I don't know about the rest of the country but we just had our best Christmas season ever. Lots of other company's I've talked to said the same thing. I know there was a lot of talk about poor economy, but I have yet to see it.
Old 12-29-2002, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

the manufacturing sector is dying. yet another major appliance mfr is moving their operations to Mexico. basically putting a whole county on the soup line in Indiana. They told their employees the day before Christmas eve. Plant will be gone by jan 2004.

Consumer confidence is one thing, but corporate loyalty to america is shaky at best.
Old 12-29-2002, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in FL the insurance industry is beating the Dr's and businesses to death. Many Dr's can't get insurance and have stopped certain portions of their practices. The lawyers and jurys are taking them to the cleaners.

I know my insurance at my shop, auto/tk repair, has jumped. The damn workmans comp......well don't get me started there. That is a SORE subject with me. It's just out of control.

Anyway, on a lighter side. I agree just buy what you want. Use your head and don't jump in over it.

Quick Reply: to buy or not to buy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.