Notices

I think I found LOTO

Old 12-30-2002, 01:29 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MR. GOODWRENCH,
This is quite possibly the most pathetic attempt at humor I have ever witnessed on this board. Granted there have been some really bad jokes along the way, fights, distasteful comments, etc...etc... , but seriously... I stared at this picture for about five minutes and didn't even as so much hiccup a laugh. I think your joke posting capabilities should be revoked for two weeks and you should be put on probation for a month... Better luck next time!!!!!!!!!!
(*J/K)
REGARDS
Old 12-30-2002, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

b a r f
Old 12-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Locks? You could open all the locks on the great lakes and not affect the water level measurably. At the Soo, where the largest locks in North America are, most of the river runs around the locks. The locks are there only for commercial travel. In Chicago they actually use the locks to REVERSE the flow of the river!! It naturally flows INTO Lake Michigan, but the Corps of Engineers and some people a lot smarter than us actualy made it flow backwards. And at Niagra more of the river flows around the locks than thru it, just like the Soo. I'm not saying your reseviour isn't a nice place to go boating. I'm sure it is. I'm just saying it's not anything like boating the Great Lakes. Nothing like it. Whole different animal. Just like LOTO and Havasu are nothing like the Great Lakes. Or the oceans either for that matter. I love boating at LOTO, and I'm sure if I ever made a trip to OK, I'd love boating there too. I just love to go boating.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'foul- all in fun ! Each has their good points.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:10 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally posted by blown formula
'foul- all in fun ! Each has their good points.
I totally agree.....on both accounts.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:16 AM
Banned

All this bickering about two little ole ponds! How can you be "offshore" when the entire puddle is surrounded by land??

When you get the training wheels off, head for the salt and get the real deal.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cuda,have you ever boated the great lakes?A nasty little storm here will put 200 foot frieghters on the bottom.If you can sit in your boat and not see land for 360 degrees on the horizon,I'd call it "offshore".That being said,the water can be a little cold but it sure tastes better than salt water when it hits you in the face
Old 12-31-2002, 07:42 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

I will grudgingly give the Great Lakes the thumbs up on offshore, it's the other two ponds I was refering to.
Old 12-31-2002, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least we don't EVER have to worry about sharks! The only thing we have that is big enough to try to eat you are catfish & snapping p____y!
Old 12-31-2002, 09:08 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

No sharks here either!!! And I've been out in 10+ footers in my 24' Baja. Big swells. What a blast. Just drive up and down em like hills on the road. I've also been in a washing machine a few times. Leaving the Shootout!!!! What a mess!! Now that's ROUGH. Break your boat kind of rough.

Quick Reply: I think I found LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.