Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New 496 Whipple SC (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39947-new-496-whipple-sc.html)

FAST ENOUGH 01-02-2003 07:00 PM

List of Goodies

Dustin or Mitch do you have a list of goodies yet you could post?
:D

Whipple Charged 01-03-2003 03:01 PM

Brent,

We have the 120 stats, filters, rev limit program for 87 octane, performance cal for 91 octane with filter/stat, 91 octane, filter/stat/CMI E-top/performance cal. Working on cam for stock exhaust with performance cal, then the 525 package with heads, cam, CMI's, cal.

Thanks,
Dustin

neu-rich 01-03-2003 03:28 PM

Dustin, Whats The Little Blue Tire Pump For????? Is That How You Get The 5-6psi Boost????

Jeff

EvilTwin 01-03-2003 03:34 PM

That pump comes with the motor (at least the 496's). It goes on the nozzle (little blue colored valve just above it) and you pump it to blow the water out of the engine during cold weather. (not to be used for full winterization applications);)

jb 01-03-2003 03:54 PM

no offense, I am all whipple all the time. I believe in the product and it would be my choice. But...does that picture look busy???
Not the usual works of art I am used to seeing. Or is it the 496 that is busy...

FAST ENOUGH 01-03-2003 04:01 PM

I think it looks very clean. The 496's are just that busy.
:)

Allan4 01-03-2003 06:28 PM

Yup, top half of a 496 stock looks like a road map of LA......

Whipple Charged 01-03-2003 09:14 PM

If you think that looks busy, take a stock plastic cover off an engine and see what is hiding below that. The supercharger actually simplifies things on top.

And trust me, after building the kit, it's far more of a work of art than the other stuff :D

Thanks,
Dustin

SHAKEN Not Stirred 01-31-2003 11:28 PM

Whipple Charged 496 MAG HO !!!!

Well, Im the proud new owner of the first Whipple Charged 496 MAG HO pictured at the top of this thread. The motor is installed in an Advantage 27' Victory.

The motor dyno tested at a little over 600HP and the additional 190HP got me 13 MPH, with 6 lbs of boost. I was running a 22P prop and went up to a 26P Bravo I. I am in the process of getting the 26P labed and expect to another mile or two. The boat currently runs at 73 MPH on GPS @ 5,200 RPM with 50Gal of fuel and 4 people. I have calculated that I am getting about 1.3 MPG.

I had about 70 hours on the motor prior to adding the Whipple and have put on about 20 hours with the new charger. Not only am I happy with the 14 MPH gain, but the hole shot is incredible. This boat now has a completely different personality.

It was a pleasure working with Art, Dustin & everyone at Whipple. This project was a lot of hard work and the end result is a great product. The customer service at Whipple is second to none and when I get a bigger boat and build a bigger motor, I'll Whipple that too !!!!

Thanks Whipple !!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool: CJG.:cool:

injoie 07-12-2006 09:09 PM

Re: New 496 Whipple SC

Hello,
I'm new to this i have a Baja 25 outlaw with procharger, i tried to get in touch with Dustin @ whipple...boy the receptionist put a quick stop to it....i guess Dustin is a very busy man....
well here's my question can whipple reprogram my ECU cuz procharger doesn't....i just want longer life from my 496 mag engine...i do not drive the boat hard....the highest i ever hit was 65m.p.h
plus i'm looking to put 120 degree t-stat
thank for reading