Notices
View Poll Results: What should i do about my ex?
Try to be friends with her and stay the current course
37.78%
Tell her to get the hell out of my life for good
42.22%
OTHER????
20.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

women advice???

Old 01-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem with remaining friends with her is that she will call you when something breaks, something heavy needs to be moved, hauled or some wacko that she has been seeing starts stalking her! Like NEBULOUS said, be the man, be respectful, and be unavailable!
You think she`s calling now, it will get much worse the closer it gets to boating season! Roger 1
Old 01-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Puder, you answered your own question. Time to move on down the road a bit.

Silly girl, her lose, right?
Old 01-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Gold Member

Man I can tell you from experience(I am going through it right now) to NOT let her back in... I am "friends" with my EX... BUT she still has feelings for me, and I dont for her... YES we did the "im lonely tonight, can you come over" thing. Now I am the bad guy if she gets wind that I might be seeing someone, or am just having a good time out by myself or with friends. Yet she dates guys all the time!... I have come to the conclusion that its time to let her go even as a friend.... She is a good person, I like her but at the same time I know that "we" will never work as a couple. If there is anything I learned in the last 3 years, its that...
Old 01-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As said before, be respectful and be unavailable.

Get your life moving and learn from your experiences.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

When giving up the booze, you'll lose a lot of friends.

When you've succeeded in giving up the booze, you'll realize that they weren't the friends worth keeping.

The few friends you have kept will be your friends for life.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:33 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

quite an eloquent first post, welcome.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:09 AM
Registered

Originally posted by puder
quite an eloquent first post, welcome.
Maybe it's your ex?
Old 01-03-2003, 05:06 AM
Registered

Be friends...you never know when you might want to slip into some old shoes now and then.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:45 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by puder
ron, yes i did.

and no she would not work as a friend if i got into another serious relationship.
Puder lets be honest hear. Change that DID to a DO. You obviously have serious feelings for this girl still or this would be a NO BRAINER. Dude I got out of a relasionship a while back that I was all messed up with. I thought that she was "the one" and all that. Well I tried the friendship thing and all that did was make it IMPOSSIBLE to start a new relationship. You will always be confused about it, and you will feel guilty being in a relasionship if she is not.
As I see it you have two choices. You guys are either going to try and get back together, and lets face it if the rest of the relasionship was 100%, and all that was the problem was the drinking then, guess what she was in college and that is part of that whole scene. Maybe she has grown up a bit and is starting to get over it (the drinking, the posh clubs). I could tell you some of my drinking stories that would make most peoples heads spin, but I almost never drink now.
The other option is to tell her thanks but no thanks, be nice about it stay in touch on the phone but I would cut it off there.
I choose the second option, met a wonderful girl and I am getting married. I almost never even think about the other chick now as I see how bad the relasionship tuely was now that I am in a good healthy one.
Hope all this bantering helpes ya out man. Bottom line is you are a good guy so don't let being single for a little bit make you jump into something that you know could be bad. If you think it could be good with her then maybe you want to give it another try. Friends as they say in monty python is RIGHT OUT

Jon
Old 01-03-2003, 10:23 AM
Registered

Puder -- we've all be there. The problem is that a lot of us keep repeating the cycle over and over again even though we know better. I'm embarassed to tell you how long my ex-boyfriend and I kept up this game, but the reason that we kept falling back into the trap was that we kept trying to be friends. We'd get lonely or one of us would get hurt by someone we were dating and seek "friendship." We'd always fall back to what was comfortable and the craziness would start all over again.

Finally, four years ago, we decided it had to stop. We went cold turkey and severed all contact. Mutual freinds tell me that two years ago he met and married someone who is perfect for him. And I have met some terrific men and had more fun than I thought possible (and no tears!).

Don't sell your self short -- move on and meet someone who you KNOW is the right person for you.
Lia

Quick Reply: women advice???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.