Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Things to do in Tampa/St. Pete Beach??? >

Things to do in Tampa/St. Pete Beach???

Notices

Things to do in Tampa/St. Pete Beach???

Old 12-29-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things to do in Tampa/St. Pete Beach???

We will be leaving for St. Pete Beach on Friday. Looks like the weather won't be cooperating with us. What is there to do in this area? We have been going there for years, so we know the general area pretty good. Are there any new places to eat or grab a beer? Where is the new Spectre fatory located? I am thinking about visiting there again. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Old 12-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Registered

Spectre is 10 minutes from St. Pete. Visit www.spectrepowerboats.com for address and telephone number. If you are going to be in for New Years, visit www.13uglymen.com for info on the best party.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:49 PM
JGB
Registered

Check out Baywalk in downtown St. Pete, lots of restaurants, trendy shops, people watching etc, the pier is a few blocks away also. for good fish go to Bonefish on 4th street, St. Pete. Busch gardens is always a good time. For good wings go to the midtown sundries restaurant on 1st st south, downtown st. pete and order some "barbalo wings"

Have a great time!
Old 12-29-2002, 08:54 PM
Registered

Default Re: Visit

Originally posted by Pantera24-650HP
Mons Venus
2001 across the street has private dance boothes or the space ship! You don't have to worry about the 6' law.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:45 PM
Registered

Go to an area called Ybor City. It is full of clubs, and resturants.
I had an incredible time there. It is like 3-4 blocks long and the streets are shut down , you just walk from bar to bar.

There was this great Sushi resturant there but I forgot the name. I believe one of the owners of the old Team Lazzara F2 team owns it . All is I know is when I was down for the 99 race I got to eat and drink for free there !!!!
I didn't get out of bed the next day until 5:00 in the afternoon ! To this day I don't think I have ever had a worse hangover.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Yes, Bonefish great place to eat!! Also, the Hurricane on Pass A Grill Beach, ( St Pete Bch) best grouper and SUNSETS!!
Where do you plan to stay??
Old 12-29-2002, 10:05 PM
Registered

My dad's company has a condo at Silver Sands. We have been to Hurricane before and it is pretty neat. Sit up on the top deck and watch the sunset. we were just looking for a few different places to eat and visit. Where is a good seafood place? Are there any good places to boat watch? Also. are there any golf courses that are reasonable and relatively uncrowded? I will be playing by myself and don't want to be waiting a lot. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:08 PM
Registered

One more thiing, how long of a drive is it to the Cigarette factory. If the weather is really bad, I might venture down that way.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:13 PM
tunnelvision

we live in daytona and sometimes drive over to ybor for a night out . definatly a goooood time!!!! good golf course in st. pete/tampa area in the winter not crowded........um.......NO!!! if your by yourself or w/family go play at disney. unbelievable courses and let the rest of them go inside the park the park

Old 12-30-2002, 05:02 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe nobody mentioned Bern's Steak House....it is one of the best in the country....It's in Tampa check it out.

Sean Stinson

Quick Reply: Things to do in Tampa/St. Pete Beach???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.