Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Finger Lakes - Labor Day 2003 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39988-finger-lakes-labor-day-2003-a.html)

Shane 01-13-2003 10:28 AM

ET,

Were you planning on making it like a snowmobile run where it is free for all, or like a boat poker run where everyone goes together? Reason being you should check with law enforcement etc. to be sure you don't get yourself into a world of headaches. I would surely enter and if promoted correctly you would probably get some guys from LG too. Good luck.

Shane

EvilTwin 01-13-2003 11:39 AM

Shane,

Yes a portion of the entry fees will go to some form of Charity or Emergency squad. The run would be an "inexpensive" one. It would be more for fun than one for "speed". Sacandaga doesn't have a speed limit (except for a stretch to the dam), so people could enjoy their motors.;) I talked to the Lanzi family and they like the idea so they offered up their establishments and docks. I am still going to work some more details out over the next few months, but I am shooting for some time in mid July.

wwwTOPDJcom 01-15-2003 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cool a fun Run!!! how about having some prizes like OSO stuff
and a poker run jacket , with the rest going to a charity

C_Spray 03-03-2003 06:45 PM

OK - Got MY reservations, now it's your turn......

Staying at the Ramada Inn in Geneva NY (north end of Seneca Lake) from mid-day Saturday August 30 through Thursday mid-day September 4. Looks like a real nice place: right on the water with municipal docks right out front (first-come, first-served) and a launch ramp next door. Decent rates, too - $129/night for waterfront rooms. Their web site says their full, but it's WRONG. Call 'em at (315) 789-0400.

No set schedule as to which lake(s) we'll be boating on on any particular day. We've given up on the idea of using the Seneca-Cayuga Canal: 20+ miles at 10 mph doesn't appeal to me. Instead, if anyone wants to meet on Cayuga (or Canandaigua), we'll trailer over. (Just need to know about a decent ramp at the north end.)

Anybody else?

Need-the-Speed 03-03-2003 08:35 PM

You guy's should have a great time on Seneca. If you head down to Watkins with your boat (South End) you can dock at A marina called Seneca Marine. Nice docks and walking distance from the village. During the race you can stop and eat at my restaraunt directly in the middle of town on Franklin St. It's called Jerlando's Ristorante. Yes you guessed it, it;s Italian. It's an ideal place to watch the race when the old timers run the old race course.

Need-the-Speed 03-03-2003 08:44 PM

You guy's should have a great time on Seneca. If you cruise down to Watkins with your boat (South End) you can dock at a marina called Seneca Marine. Nice docks and walking distance from the village. During the race you can stop and eat at my restaraunt directly in the middle of town on Franklin St. It's called Jerlando's Ristorante. Yes you guessed it, it's Italian. It's an ideal place to watch the race when the old timers run the old race course.
If your looking for a place to grab a bite on the water. There's a decent bar/grill called Show boat. I imagine you'll see a couple hot boats. Favorite "hang-Out" of the SPBA (Seneca Power Boat Assoc. ) Perhaps if you'd prefer you can eat just down the canal at the Geneva end (North End) at a place called the Crow's Nest. They have great food but sh!ty docks. If you want any more info email me. If your on the lake Sat. Night definatly hit the Show Boat. It's only about 20 min's from the Ramada. What ever you do, have a blast. BILL

Need-the-Speed 03-03-2003 08:52 PM

Oh by the way...
If anyone wants an application to join the Seneca Lake Power Boat Assoc. (SPBA) just email me your address. It's a new group recruiting members. Setting up events calander as I type.

C_Spray 08-27-2003 07:40 AM

OK, everbody - It's getting close, so it's time to back up all the "I'll be there" talk from this spring. I'm still on as planned - arriving Saturday mid-afternoon August 30 in Geneva, staying at the Ramada through Thursday. Thursday through Sunday nights we'll be staying at the Holiday Inn in Painted Post. We'll base our boating/wine tours on the weather. Friday the 5th, we'll probably make a quick off-the-trailer run out of Watkins Glen ("Village Marina"?) to give a few friends a ride, but I don't think we'll be on the lake for the 6th or 7th.

Who else is in?

C_Spray 08-29-2003 07:22 AM

Humph. Guess everybody up there has put their boats away for the season, and are going to spend the last weekend of the summer lying on the couch in front of the TV.

The noise on the lake that you hear out your window will be me.

Need-the-Speed?
wwwTOPDJcom?
Go4Broke?
EvilTwin?
jb?
RLW?

bajabob38 08-29-2003 07:51 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by C_Spray
[B]Humph. Guess everybody up there has put their boats away for the season, and are going to spend the last weekend of the summer lying on the couch in front of the TV.

The noise on the lake that you hear out your window will be me.

just don't set off any car alarms :D hope you guys have a great time see you @ the fun run.