Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002 >

Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002

Notices

Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002

Old 12-31-2002, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turned down friends offers and advice to ride with them and DO NOT buy a boat. Well in Oct I bought a 2001 Donzi 38 ZX just in time for winter
Old 12-31-2002, 02:28 PM
sonicse

i have 2 of them one funny now after over. i just got new cat had boat full of people going to big pig roast party on lake on the way there i pulled back on the throttle a little then the boat came off plane. I was like wtf checked the drive ok check the engine and won't come off idle. Lifted the hatch found all the linkages fell off the carbs on the blowers. had no tools in the boat and my frined had to hold the hatch up for 30 min after someone brought out tools to us while floating in the middle of the lake. 2 was launched boat and started idling up the river twards lake got to where was meeting friends a little way up river and noticed engine quieting down looked over transom and found the exhaust almost under water just at that moment remembered that i didn't put the three drain plugs in. needless to say made it back to launch ramp loaded boat and waited 25mins to drain water

Old 12-31-2002, 02:43 PM
Intolerant1

I can add a couple more. Took a spill on a slippery ramp walking out to hook up my winch cable. Broke a toe and nearly knocked out my teeth on the trailer. staright into the ater face first. Thsi was after I had been yelling at a group sitting in the launch ramp while they unloaded all there gear from the truck into the boat. Got a big applause. Broke two more toes also on the boat. One coming over the windshield after anchoring I slammed it into the seat and snaaap, the other was swing my leg up over the back seat climbing out of the bilge. Kicked the electric hatch ram and snapped the the next toe over.

Old 12-31-2002, 02:54 PM
Big E

I got really drunk after a day of boating, the next day we went out boating got to drinking beer again and I farted, needless to say it wasn't only air that came out. I was tied off in a chain of about 8 boats at LOTO, people all over the place, I had to go back to the condo to change did not go back to the same cove though, thank God for the Imodium AD!!!. I know I'm not the only person this has happened to.

Last edited by Big E; 12-31-2002 at 02:56 PM.

Old 12-31-2002, 02:56 PM
Intolerant1

bige wins. Not for doing it...but for admiting

Old 12-31-2002, 03:01 PM
572scarab

Just had my new interior put in ,laid my sun deck in to check the fit. Fits like a glove. Got around to putting the rest of the interior in fogot about the sun deck lying there. Botom line: Sun deck pads look alot better on a boat than the highway.

Old 12-31-2002, 03:08 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Entered a 13 foot boat in the Poker Runs. I survived as well as the boat. I still ask myself, "What in the hell was I thinking?"
Attached Thumbnails Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002-sharkwaveny2002a.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-31-2002, 03:13 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Damn I1, you are rough on 'dem toes.

Bige's is up there.

Here's mine:
Beautiful day on the Potomac for the first National Capital Poker Run. After the run, we are all backing into slips in Old Towne Alexandria. I am leaning off the bow of my boat, trying to loop around the starboard piling. Damn if I did not lean too far out an lost my balance. In a desparate attempt not to get wet, I lept at the piling, slung my arms around it, and hoped to tarzan around the piling onto the bow of the boat in the next slip. It didn't work. I hit that piling and slid down it like a cartoon, right into the water. Bruised my ear, leg, arms, and hand, not to mention the splinters/abrasions; got filthy. I had a change of clothes but soaked my only pair of shoes with me. Thank goodness there was no video camera. It sure was easy to tie up the boat then, and shoot, I think I tied up two more while I was down there.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-31-2002 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:17 PM
Registered

IM SURE A FEW HAVE DONE THIS, BEEN SUCKIN UP TOO MUCH SUN AND A FEW TO MANY ICEHOUSE BEERS, JUST FIRED BOLTH ENGS TO PULL OUT, SO OF COURSE EVERYBODY IS LOOKING, WHEN GETTING BACK ON AFTER PULLING THE REAR ANCOR I FELL STRAIT BACK IN THE WATER, DOOOH!!!! NOBODY PROBLEY SAW THAT...YEA RIGHT
Old 12-31-2002, 03:34 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I think we should all chip in and get Intolerant1 a pair of steel toed shoes and a mouth gaurd. Who's with me?

As for myself, I've done so many stupid things, I can't list them all here.

Quick Reply: Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.