Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Northern Michigan Fun Run? >

Northern Michigan Fun Run?

Notices

Northern Michigan Fun Run?

Old 03-21-2003, 07:55 AM
Bayley

The Inland waterway was fun with the old 16 foot aluminum boat, but anything with twins would be a handful in the rivers. The rivers are supposed to be maintained to 20 feet minimum width at a minimum depth of 5 feet. However, if you need all the depth of 5 ft, you will be hogging the center of the channel and the current will make it a chore to keep the boat straight.

Don't get me wrong, I've taken my 32' Dominator through the Inland water way before and had no problems. I just don't care for the hour long idles through the rivers. Back when my boat cruised at a blinding 20 mph, The Lakes were a LOT longer and a nice break from the rivers. Now a days, while cruising at 60 - 70 mph, the lakes go by in the blink of an eye. If you are curious, you should try it at least once!

-Bayley

Old 03-21-2003, 07:57 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. Well, I guess that I can scratch that trip off the to-do list.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Registered

Any planning happening for this trip, yet?
Old 04-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Registered

trip is on for sat. the 12th of july.

4th Annual Northern Michigan
POKER / FUN RUN 2003
JULY 12

This is not an organized event or poker run. We are doing this for fun with both new and old friends and travel as a group. You are responsible for your own actions and your own crew. The last three years there have been eight boats of us with fun had by all, this year we are at 12 right now and it sounds like we are going to add to that number. Remember you are all responsible for your own safety, course, and ability to follow all Coast Guard regulations. We are a group of friends spending the day on the lake together and as we all know **** can and will happen out there, so use good judgment and be safe. One card will be picked up at five locations: Bay Harbor, Beaver Island, Mackinac Island, Cheboygan and Grandview Beach on Mullett Lake, unlike the past two years we will try and tie up together near Mackinac Island and have a quick lunch, so bring one. Cheboygan will be the gas stop again if needed, ha. Cards will be dealt when the last boat arrives in each harbor. We will resume immediately after the deal. The course may be modified for inclement weather, like it was three years ago. Hopefully it will be sunny and flat like it was last year and not so rough that we are passed by any yachts. Please also remember the deck of a boat is very slippery when you spill whip cream on it, so please be sure to lick it all off for safety.

Departure from the Bay Harbor Marina will be 9:00 am sharp!
Departure from Mullett Lake on Sunday will be no later than noon, all boats left past noon will have their plugs removed and sunk. Lets try and refrain from the naked dancing and peeing off the back of our boats once we arrive at our destination as well.

Dinner and beer will be provided at Mullett Lake. Most will be staying the night in boats, tents etc.

Poker hands will be $ 20 per hand (enter as many times as you want). Last years winner bought five hands. Non-boat owners need to split winnings with the captain of their boat, thus if you win there is no such thing as a free ride. last the prize was $500.

do not know the cost of everything yet, have not got quote from caterer, or came up with party favors yet.

last year it was as follows, should be similar
Old 04-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Sounds like it will be fun----I have my GPS with a Lake Michigan chip and it covers Mullet and Burt Lakes! That chip is way cool----makes boating much more interesting and fun!
Old 04-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deal me and the wife in!
Old 04-12-2003, 04:47 AM
Registered

look foward to having you dyno, i'am going to call great lake in the morning about getting a slip for smoke on the water weekend.

kaama the chips are awesome, i dont leave home without it. i talked to rampage the other day and he said you two may make it up?

scott
Old 04-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Scott, I DEFINATEY plan on making it up for the Northern run unless there is just absolutely no way I can do it. I have ALWAYS wanted to boat up there in those waters where the scenery is awsome and the waters are super/clear blue! I'm looking forward to it for sure! We will probably have some sort of a caravan/convoy of boats trailering up there from those with boats around this area or those who're passing through by our way and we will try and link up with them for the trip North. Sounds like this thing will be lots of fun----it's always more fun when there's a few other boats joining in.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:03 AM
Registered

I plan on being up for this trip, my mother and two boys will be on Beaver Island that weekend, so they should get a thrill seeing us come in the harbor.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Registered

everyone let me know by phone please, inbetween houses right now, do not check board much

scott

231-347-7408 or 231-758-7408

Quick Reply: Northern Michigan Fun Run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.