If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    Edison NJ USA
    Eddie I think it was Jim Arvis

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1
    Allan -
    Talked to that friend today and mentioned that I'd posted about him. He did say that he couldn't remember the number of falls, but that it was Looooooow.

The guy was indeed a trick skier, but spent his mornings polishing his routines for smoothness. He never tried ANY new stuff in the mornings, only finish work on his transitions and stuff. He used the weekends for incorporating anything new into the pattern. Friend was not involved in any weekend pulling (except for the mornings of course).

Friend was responsible for finding fill-in driver so he could vacation, etc.. Skier required the fill-in guys to go three consecutive days at no pay to observe and get ready to drive. THEN with friend still present, fill-in driver had to drive for no pay as a test. I never bit on that hook - too early and too boring..

We were punk kids and the skier was mid thirties and had no personality (to us). Interesting, though.
    I see London, I see France...

My Boats:
    1981 Sunkisst Tunnel
    I went through Richmond, Va last Friday on my way to N. Carolina and was surprised at the number of boats I saw on the water down that way.

My Boats:
    1996 Wellcraft Scarab Sport & 1990 Donzi GT210
    Clearwater, Florida
    We used to start barefooting early March. It is not usually real cold here but, tha water is still freezing. We used a wet suit and got up quick. It was worth it though to looklike a pro while everyone else was just starting to get back into it.

mcoll, you said he didn't have a personality??????? HAHAHAHAAAA...sounds like a giant rectum to me!!!!!

However, when you are working on routines (whether it is trick, wakeboard, or footing)or running a slalom course or jumping, the driver is VERY important. Not only for consistent conditions, but it becomes a safety thing as well. Bad things happen when boat speeds suddenly change!!!!

So, I guess the dude had point, and I guess I am pretty picky about drivers as well when I am skiing, but this guy takes it to a new level.......TRYOUTS!!!!!........HAHAHAHAHA

Out playing around is a different story. Great story you have though A4

My Boats:
    Boatless... Damn...
    I used to be one of those nuts out there. When i lived in NY I skiied on a show team(like cypress gardens/six flags)... We would actualy start skiing with ice still on parts of the lake!

We have a mastercraft(for sale BTW) that has a heater in it... an WE USED IT!.... It was needed on those ever soooo cold days..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12