OT... Old Forge NY ...????? >

OT... Old Forge NY ...?????

Notices

OT... Old Forge NY ...?????

Old 01-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OT... Old Forge NY ...?????

Guys..... need help !!!!! had a big trip planned for Boat Club sled trip (LEOPA)... to Michigan ..... NO SNOW !!!!! Well some of us wantto switch gears and hit Old Forge instead ..... Where to stay? what to do ??? ect.... Any help would be hugely appreciated!!!

Thanks !!!!!

JM
Old 01-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LEOPAJM,

Where are you from. I don't live too far and ride there all the time. Went yesterday and going Saturday and Sunday. Expecting 10-16 inches tomorrow into Saturday. I would start with their web site.

http:www.oldforgeny.com

Let me know if I can be of any further help. There are LOTS of little places to go and stay. The KOA campground actually has little cottages that are REALLY nie from what I have seen abd heard. I have never stayed overnight cuz we live close by.
Old 01-03-2003, 08:55 AM
Registered

Thanks Shane ...... I'll keep looking .... got 1 room so far @Clarks ... anyone ever stay there ?????
Old 01-03-2003, 09:02 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Leopajm,
Would anyone entertain having a guest come along a "leasing" a sled from them for the weekend? I grew up sledding in the NW Indiana, and Chain-of-Lakes Area of Illinois; but have not sledded in about 8 years; (moved to VA 10 years ago, not enough snow). I don't want to really go alone to one of the resorts where you rent a piece of crap 340 for a couple hours. I want to go out with a few folks for a day or two, and I could end up paying for a lot of someone's expenses.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-03-2003 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:41 AM
Registered

Shane,
how far are you from Tug hill ? What are the best places to ride Old Forge or Tug hill ?

JM,
another place you might want to look at for riding is Searchmont Canada. I talked to some friends the other day and that is where they are headed this weekend. Supposedly 3 feet of snow.
Searchmont is about 45 minutes past the international bridge in after you pass the Soo locks.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Registered

Brian, we had a heck of a hard time finding rooms and we're already tripled up so I don't know what to tell you there ..... As far as "leasing" a sled , I'll ask .... I know some of these guys have extra sleds ..... I'll post back soon .

JM
Old 01-03-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Leopajm, I PM'ed you some info. Before anybody comes out, I will warn you to call ahead. Many club trails are closed until further notice. State trails are open but private lands that clubs use are closed!

26 Scarab, I prefer Old forge. Need to buy a permit for Old Forge though. Must be registered in NY and have Insurance. They police the Tug Hill and Old Forge pretty heavily. I don't much like to ride those places as much anymore. I have found better and faster places to ride. One being Lake Clear (outside of Saranac Lake). I also ride right from my house. I live on Sacandaga Reservoir. The lake here is great. Night life is awesome and there are alot of other snowmobilers. Restaurants and businesses sponser Ice races etc. Every weekend there is a poker run by sled. Alot of fun.

Sydwayz, If you are ever in my neck of the woods let me know. I can hook you up. I have many sleds here at my house all the time (all new ones). On weekends I have 10 to 12 people staying over and ride with about 25 others. Getting you a sled would be as easy as walking to the garage and picking one. (Mostly all Arctic cats).
Old 01-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Registered

Eviltwin,
thanks for the info. It sounds harder to ride in NY than to go to Canada. I can't believe you have to be registered in NY to ride. Michigan loves to have out of state people ride here. unfortunatley there is absolutely no snow.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:33 PM
JON242

Clark's is no frills. Kind of small and dumpy but hopefully you won't spend much time in your room (if the snow's good).

Old 01-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

26scarab,

There is an insurance problem hitting NY state. It will be resolved hopefully soon. I am going to Canada for a week on the 18th. Nothing beats that place. The trails here are great, I have about 2 feet at my house right now and it is snowing like crazy right now! We are suppose to get about 16 inches today and tonight. I am going to be doing a poker run tomorrow with the sled. Then the after party!! If you ever wanted to come out east let me know. I can take care of everything while here. Let it snow! Sorry boaters it is winter time.

Quick Reply: OT... Old Forge NY ...?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.