Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Calling S.C.O.P.E. members-New Trip??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40125-calling-s-c-o-p-e-members-new-trip.html)

Kevin Schulte 01-02-2003 03:15 PM

Calling S.C.O.P.E. members-New Trip???

Dear fellow club members,

I have just returned from a reconnaissance trip from Ensenada, Mexico.
I stayed at the Coral Marina & Hotel which has the perfect set up for a S.C.O.P.E. trip.
The hotel is beautiful and the pool area is just calling out for some S.C.O.P.E. debauchery!

The Marina is gorgous and I did not see one boat docked there worth less than $500,000. The Coral Hotel and Marina is located 57 nautical miles from San Diego.-No problem with fuel.

I spoke with the dockmaster and the hotel about accomodating 20-30 boats, customs, fuel and insurance. They were eager to plan something with us.

This trip could easily become another great calander event like the annual San Diego Trip.

How many of you would be interested in boating from San Diego to Ensenda for a long weekend ?

Kevin

DEVIL MAN 01-02-2003 03:33 PM

You want us to take our drug runner look alikes to Mexico Kevin???? Did you bump your noggin over the Holidays???? You are going to put watered down gas in your boat? Think I will hang back at the Loes Coronado Resort and hang onto the bail money you will be requesting. How much will it cost to get your boat out of impound in Ensenada???? If you can sell this one to the masses, I will nominate you for SCOPE salesman of the Year!

You could always orgainize the trip and see who will sign up???? You know....like, er, you and who else???? Just jerking your chain Kev, but even the Devil Man stays out of Mexico!!!!!!

DMan....and the D is for Defense Attorney's in Mexico are expensive.

PhantomChaos 01-02-2003 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This trip would separate the true boaters of the club, from the poodles of the club. Well.......it's pretty obvious how the Emperor Poodle feels about by the response above.

Audiofn 01-02-2003 04:25 PM

ROFLMAO :D:D:D:D

Nort you kill me man

Jon

PhantomChaos 01-02-2003 04:32 PM

Nice!!!!!!!!!

147 Ocean view suites with private balcony
Restaurant
Bar
Room Service
Convention Center
Spa
Fitness Center
Beauty Salon
3 Outside and Inside Pools
3 Outside and Inside Jacuzzis
Table Games Room
2 Lighted Tennis Courts
1 Volleyball Court
Gift Store
Sundries Store
Safe Deposit Box
Free Parking and 24 hours Security
353 Marina slips up to 150 feet long

Kevin Schulte 01-02-2003 04:39 PM

Ron, I have been motorcycling/Jetskiing in Mexico for years and I have never had a problem. Most stories you hear are just that-stories. I have watched the gas improve drastically to the point where I have no problems putting it in my vehicles.

If I didn't think it was safe I would of not suggested it. Nobody cares more about our clubs hardware (boats that is) then me!

Also, after you see the quality (Azimut, Hattaras, Egg, Sunseeker, etc..) of the boats kept at the Marina you are start to question why we don't go there.

The Coral Marina Hotel was built to accomodate wealthy boat owners who receive their vessels in international waters in order to avoid sales tax on there new boat. The vessel must be kept out of the country (hence the hotel and marina) for six months. After six months it can be returned to the states and no tax is due.

I am not suggesting this trip as a subsitution to San Diego but rather another great socal trip that those people in Loto can only read about.

Kevin

"Dman" .... and the D is for "daddy's getting old"

cigarette1 01-02-2003 04:40 PM

Originally posted by DEVIL MAN
You want us to take our drug runner look alikes to Mexico Kevin???? Did you bump your noggin over the Holidays???? You are going to put watered down gas in your boat? Think I will hang back at the Loes Coronado Resort and hang onto the bail money you will be requesting. How much will it cost to get your boat out of impound in Ensenada???? If you can sell this one to the masses, I will nominate you for SCOPE salesman of the Year!

You could always orgainize the trip and see who will sign up???? You know....like, er, you and who else???? Just jerking your chain Kev, but even the Devil Man stays out of Mexico!!!!!!

DMan....and the D is for Defense Attorney's in Mexico are expensive.

CHINGAO !!!! :eek:

hot water 01-02-2003 04:53 PM

How do you say " do you have a bravo one" in spanish :D

PhantomChaos 01-02-2003 05:03 PM

Kev-

Do they have 91 or 92 down there? That Running W/Duct-tape boat is a gas pig you know. :D :D

thisistank 01-02-2003 05:22 PM

Kev, love ya man....I'm in...when do we go???!!!!

Step up to the plate RON!!! You can always just borrow one of Jeffery's extra boats!!:D :D :D :D