Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   32 Fountian only available w/ smallblocks? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40262-32-fountian-only-available-w-smallblocks.html)

GO4BROKE 01-05-2003 08:29 PM

Yes it was refreshing to see an honest review.

Curt 01-05-2003 08:46 PM

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
Okay Class,
A few years back ther was a accident involving a 32 with big blocks. The boat hit a wake, went balistic and everyone got a new scar. True to there SoCal roots they sued everyone. Reggie stopped making the 29 and 32 with big power because a few more owner stepped up and said this happened top them and it is a charectoristic of the boat. I can tell you that a 32 with Big Blocks driven by the right person is a great experiance. I have also Sea Trialed with a (Less Than Agile) Throtleman and lost a few knuckles. Like any performance boat, it takes some skill to drive. The bad news, The wont build them with twin Biggies. The good news, the resale value for Big Block 29 and 32 has stayed up comparitivley speaking to most other Fountains. Class Dismissed!

I have owned a 91 32 Fever for about 4 years now. It is one of the best all around performance boats I have ever driven or ridden in. The boat is just big enough take on some pretty rough water and just small enough to be trailerable without stepping up to a 2500 or 3500 series, or the like, tow vehicle. Applying the right power allows for one hell of an adrenalin producing ride. I added a pair of 600's which push it to the upper 80's while retaining a reasonable amount of water stability. At 70 to 75 you can sip martinis.:D I hope Fountain continues building the boat for the reasons mentioned. A 35, while only 3 feet longer, is a good bit heavier and I believe causes the owner to incur the additonal $30,000 + tow vehicle cost...unless you are willing to drive a dualie to work every day.

Rippem 01-05-2003 08:55 PM

The only honest comparitive review in my mind is between similarly powered and equipped boats in a given price window. Otherwise, a waste of time and in no way making any brand bragging rights legit! Issue filler....page fodder... to get the performance guy to buy the issue in question. IMHO.

Curt 01-06-2003 09:31 AM

I am using a 1500 Suburban but it does have 4 wheel drive. I always engage 4 wheel low whenever I pull up a ramp and it pulls like a tractor. The only time I ever feel like the truck is challenged at all is when I am trying to maintain a 70 mph speed and I hit a big hill on the highway. Then it downshifts and the rpm gets up in the 3000 to 3500 range for a brief period. I don't like that but since I don't live in the mountains, it doesn't occur often enough to warrent a heavier duty vehicle. Now if I was pulling a 35....:eek: I have never been dragged down a ramp before. That would be exciting! I assume the ramp was very slick and probably would have dragged a Mack truck down as well.

fountain27ho496 01-06-2003 10:18 AM

Jamestown ramp...

Mroffshore, you brought back a memory, that ramp is deadly,
I had to put in in four wheel to get up that hill. Without It, it wouldn't move. 98 2 dr. tahoe 1/2 ton. 27 fountain. It pulled quite well otherwize, towed 1100 miles that trip. john