If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Charter Member #1055/Moderator Charter Member GO4BROKE's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sonic 386
    I  Voted
    Yes it was refreshing to see an honest review.

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
    Okay Class,
    A few years back ther was a accident involving a 32 with big blocks. The boat hit a wake, went balistic and everyone got a new scar. True to there SoCal roots they sued everyone. Reggie stopped making the 29 and 32 with big power because a few more owner stepped up and said this happened top them and it is a charectoristic of the boat. I can tell you that a 32 with Big Blocks driven by the right person is a great experiance. I have also Sea Trialed with a (Less Than Agile) Throtleman and lost a few knuckles. Like any performance boat, it takes some skill to drive. The bad news, The wont build them with twin Biggies. The good news, the resale value for Big Block 29 and 32 has stayed up comparitivley speaking to most other Fountains. Class Dismissed!
    I have owned a 91 32 Fever for about 4 years now. It is one of the best all around performance boats I have ever driven or ridden in. The boat is just big enough take on some pretty rough water and just small enough to be trailerable without stepping up to a 2500 or 3500 series, or the like, tow vehicle. Applying the right power allows for one hell of an adrenalin producing ride. I added a pair of 600's which push it to the upper 80's while retaining a reasonable amount of water stability. At 70 to 75 you can sip martinis. I hope Fountain continues building the boat for the reasons mentioned. A 35, while only 3 feet longer, is a good bit heavier and I believe causes the owner to incur the additonal $30,000 + tow vehicle cost...unless you are willing to drive a dualie to work every day.

My Boats:
    353 FasTech
    1000 Islands
    The only honest comparitive review in my mind is between similarly powered and equipped boats in a given price window. Otherwise, a waste of time and in no way making any brand bragging rights legit! Issue fodder... to get the performance guy to buy the issue in question. IMHO.

I am using a 1500 Suburban but it does have 4 wheel drive. I always engage 4 wheel low whenever I pull up a ramp and it pulls like a tractor. The only time I ever feel like the truck is challenged at all is when I am trying to maintain a 70 mph speed and I hit a big hill on the highway. Then it downshifts and the rpm gets up in the 3000 to 3500 range for a brief period. I don't like that but since I don't live in the mountains, it doesn't occur often enough to warrent a heavier duty vehicle. Now if I was pulling a 35.... I have never been dragged down a ramp before. That would be exciting! I assume the ramp was very slick and probably would have dragged a Mack truck down as well.

My Boats:
    2002 27 fountain fever2

Jamestown ramp...

Mroffshore, you brought back a memory, that ramp is deadly,
    I had to put in in four wheel to get up that hill. Without It, it wouldn't move. 98 2 dr. tahoe 1/2 ton. 27 fountain. It pulled quite well otherwize, towed 1100 miles that trip. john

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12