Family play boats: what kind? >

Family play boats: what kind?

Notices

Family play boats: what kind?

Old 01-03-2003, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Family play boats: what kind?

Ok, you guys will frobably laugh your *sses off, but I am considering purchasing a play boat for us and the kiddo's.
I am buying a bigger boat to play on the bigger water, but I am considering buying a boat to use, abuse, play on, and generally kick around.
I have looked briefly at pontoon boats. I don't know anything about them other than they are fugly, but who cares.
Any suggestions on brands or even other types of boats?
I have a 10,000 budget for this kind of toy.
Thanks!
Old 01-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a deck boat instead of a pontoon. Same style of configuration but a better ride and prolly more power.

ps. do you get cat's bb tickets also? I'm thinking of going to Brambledge when my Jayhawks go there for their annual victory.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:14 PM
Registered

Deck boats seem pretty nice. They have an actual boat hull so you can actually put a decent motor on the back and do a little more than idle around.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Registered

TFLB: If you look closely at the pics of me at Key West, you will realize I am too short to even WATCH basketball!
No, we don't have tickets, but I can easily score some really good ones, let me know when!

As far as deck boats go, what is the price range? Which brand? I just want something to abuse. How does nitrous work on outboards? he he
Old 01-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, any helpful website addresses?
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Registered

Default extra boat

We got a 21 ft. JC tritoon for an extra ride, with a 135 Mariner, 38 mph, used so we don't have to keep it perfect like the big boat, nice to pile everyone on and go out and swim or cruise the bars at night,

One we had before that was a Sea-Ray F16 XR jet boat, I think we had more fun in that boat than any other I've owned, only draw back is that it's only a 4 person ride and quite little, but it was so cool on our lake to sport around in and play. You could roll along about 25 to 30 and once you got good at it you'd tap the throttle in reverse just for a second to plunge the nose and a WALL of WATER (as we called it) would come flying over the nose and drown everyone on board, a nice suprise for everyone who hadn't rode with me before. Once it even took off my wife's and my bud's wife's suit tops, what a view I got. I still love that boat, my neighbor bought it from me and now when he goes out in it I always say "damn wish I hadn't sold that boat". If you do buy a small jet, don't get one of the twin engine ones, had the Yamaha with the 2X135 hps, and it was a friggin pain in the ass to operate, not near the fun as the Sea-Ray. Damn I wish I hadn't sold that boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2003, 01:21 PM
Registered

The Rinker Flotilla III is a trimaran (3 sponses) they ride very good and you might pick up one 8 years old or so for your price range
Old 01-03-2003, 01:24 PM
Registered

I will check out the rinkers. Keep in mind that this boat must be capable of running aground at 2:30 am at full throttle without killing or injuring anyone or small animals. Trust me, it happens.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Registered

Default do toon cruiser

x
Attached Thumbnails Family play boats: what kind?-toon-boat.jpg  
Old 01-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Registered

I saw a 28' toon on boat trader. Very cool for a toon. Wet bar, fridge, etc, etc. Looked like big grins on a Saturday night!
I was surprised to see that some even have sunpads!

Quick Reply: Family play boats: what kind?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.