PRESS RELEASE: Extreme Boats Magazine >

PRESS RELEASE: Extreme Boats Magazine

Notices

PRESS RELEASE: Extreme Boats Magazine

Old 01-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking PRESS RELEASE: Extreme Boats Magazine

Extreme Boats Magazine is pleased to announce that we have found another great TEAM here on OSO... As of Jan 01, 2003 we have merged with the "American HotBoat Association" (AHBA) now called "Extreme Boats America" (EBA) to bring everyone more affordable Poker Runs with better prizes. As we grow this new relationship we again look to you guys for advise as to when and where you would like to see future Poker Runs. (We have found that most of the runs are either in Cali, the New York, New Jersey area, Florida and a handful throughout the Midwest) Were looking to grow the 4 runs already put on by the AHBA/EBA and we are now turning it over to you guys... What do YOU want to see?

Thanks Again OSO!!!

Your All A Great Bunch!!!
Attached Thumbnails PRESS RELEASE: Extreme Boats Magazine-extreme_small_logo.jpg  
Old 01-04-2003, 11:05 PM

Dont you think it would be nice if you talked to The Florida Powerboat club, Billy Frenz and The NJPPC before you decide to tread on there locations? These groups have put there heart and soul into there clubs and runs and gave some quality runs,
Old 01-04-2003, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, Its nice to see another group promoting the sport. I think most in SoCal would welcome you with open arms. We have the SCOPE Poker Run out of Long Beach that brings all of us left coasters together. I don’t think another run would steal their thunder. I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong but more runs bring more exposure. More exposure brings more people seeing how much fun organized boating is when done right. And that in turn will bring more boaters to the Poker Runs. I have yet to hear if DSM is doing another Stars and Stripes Poker Run so we may be one down for the year. Congratulations on the merger and Good luck with promoting the sport.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Registered

Default Thank You

We are planning on attending and "Sponsoring" many of the Poker Runs across the nation. Like, Bob's "Smoke on the Water" the "Highport Resort & Marina Poker Run Classic" and would love to attend Billy's and the NJPPC events. Our calendar of events for 2003 has a link to every major Poker Run promoted next year and anyone can add a listing. We are simply looking for some suggestions to help fill in the blanks across the nation.

Like: New Orleans, Washington, somewhere in between New York and Florida???

Thanks for the support!
Attached Thumbnails PRESS RELEASE: Extreme Boats Magazine-extreme_small_logo.jpg  

Last edited by ExtremeBoatsMag; 01-04-2003 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Thanks Mike for making the announcement. Alot of you on OSO know me and the organization I helped build with my partners Jim Nichols and Mike Campbell. We know we have a great thing going here and we know there is room to expand. With our merger with Extreme Boats Magazine we now have the ability to take what we do best and expand it across the United States. More specifically, we produce safe, fun, affordable and well organized poker runs for everyone to enjoy.

Shanghied, to address your concerns, we have no intention of trying to squeeze anyone out of their territory. Billy Frenz, NJPPC and Poker Runs America pretty well have the northeast part of the country locked up with respect to poker runs. It wouldn't make much sense for us to try and produce one there. FPC has quite a few in Florida but mostly on the Atlantic side going down to the Keys. Heck, PRA even has one in Sarasota. We've even put together a calendar for every poker run that we could find and listed it on our website...and we are using it to schedule where and when we could produce one. There are many other locations that could serve as valid venues and that's what we are looking at. And that is where OSO can play a big part.

I've read some of the gripes about poker runs here on OSO. What I'd like to hear from all of you is:
1) What do you like about the poker runs you have attended?
2) What don't you like about the poker runs you have attended?
3) What ideas do you have that would make a poker run better?
4) Where would you like to see/have a poker run?
5) For your area, what month would be ideal for a poker run?
6) What is the earliest month we could do a poker run in any location?
7) Any other suggestions you might have.

Uncle Toys, Phantom Chaos, D-Man, Jeffery, Audiofn, LutzParty, Miss Amy, Steamin Rice and a few others can attest to the fact that we produce a quality event and want everyone to have fun. What more could you ask for?

I've been a member of OSO since almost the beginning. You guys are a fantastic source of knowledge. I'm sure you will bombard me with great suggestions and recommendations. And I will read every one of them eagerly.

Thanks for your support.
Art Witzell
President, Extreme Boats America (formerly AHBA)

ps please feel free to email me at any time with suggestions, comments, or just to bs - [email protected]

Last edited by LakeRacer; 01-05-2003 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:12 AM
Charter Member

Thumbs up Not fast enough.

Looks like Mike beat me to the reply!
Old 01-05-2003, 04:54 AM
AIRTIME

how about Capecod mass, RI, BOSTON WINN NH,

Old 01-05-2003, 06:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member
Platinum Member

I'll second that ! How about the Northeast ?
Old 01-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On Lake Michigan, we 've got June and July covered. Why not one in Mid August. Do I hear anything from other C.O.P.S members?
Old 01-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Charter Member

Thanks guys,

Keep the ideas coming.

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE: Extreme Boats Magazine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.