Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
'Prolly not too many VW fans here, but..... >

'Prolly not too many VW fans here, but.....

Notices

'Prolly not too many VW fans here, but.....

Old 01-06-2003, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Prolly not too many VW fans here, but.....

Check this out. 1954 Mercury Outboards VW bus. Check the logos out. Too cool!!! http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...01051503511741
Old 01-06-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb VW

I love the VW stuff - I have a 81 VW Scirocco "S" Model - 54,000 original miles. She's one fast little car - BH
Old 01-06-2003, 08:36 AM
Registered

very cool I am a big v-dub fan.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:48 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

OMG!!! there are other crazy's out there with these bus's!!! One of my friends has an older brother that has a 1976 i think......if you could see this thing you would just smack him upside the head and ask "WTF were you thinking!!!"
picture a dark navy blue bus (PAINTED IN RUSTOLEUM OIL BASED PAINT DILUTED AND SPRAYED WITH A PAINT GUN!) with a grill-guard made from on ols weight bench. Some running boards modefied off an 1994 chevy suburban....a carlisle battery charger hard wired and the chord dangling in the back just under the bumper....reverse lights wired to a switch so he can use them as rear lights in the dark.....a home made propane heating system that gets blown out when a large gust of wind comes around......the original heating system was torn out cause he said it was too much weight and rusty, then when the first winter came around and he froze his ass off he went and wrapped some copper tubing around the exhaust, ran the tubing up front to a small radiator (the old A/C condensor) and hooked up a small pump and fan for circulation!
Later that summer he felt he was tall enough so he cranked up all the tortion bars to max for best road clearence. Only to find out later the bus was too tipsy from being so high up.....the soultion?....get some high performance sway bars and low profile tires!
Ugh! I could go on all day about this thing but i'm laughing too hard just thinking about it!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-06-2003, 02:39 PM
Roy

Default luv veedubs

Cool, I've got 2 Things and a 71 Fastback.

Old 01-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

I am a big VW fan. I had a 1974 BEAUTIFUL red VW bug when I was in college. It only had one owner before me and she had bought it new. I proudly drove it for three years and then it caught on fire while I was driving to work one morning. The firemen hosed down the outside and then took the hose and hosed down the inside. May she rest in peace.
SO this Christmas I bought myself a 2002 Turbo 5 speed. This little jem can scoot. It has all the bells and whistles too. It does everything but drive itself. They sure have changed, I mean you don't have to scrap the inside of the windows while your driving or leave the window cracked so you don't die from carbon monoxide. And no smell of gasoline inside and out. I am very proud of my new VW. Here she is the day I bought her......
Attached Thumbnails 'Prolly not too many VW fans here, but.....-12150003.jpg  
Old 01-06-2003, 03:11 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

HA! Worst feeling in the world. Go to get in your car and someone and picked it up and moved up on the lawn, on the stairs, high centered on anything. Not funny. Ever seen a girl trying to get her car off the steps sideways? Not a pretty sight. HA!
Old 01-06-2003, 04:28 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

der peepel's kar!

i love VW busses. Dirty Hippie!!!
Old 01-07-2003, 08:40 AM
Registered

Do you guys know who started VW and why? Interesting history lesson.....sounds like Puder does!

Aqua
Old 01-07-2003, 08:43 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

It was Hitler wasn't it?

Quick Reply: 'Prolly not too many VW fans here, but.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.