Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where is Jay Ross of Sonic USA !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40401-where-jay-ross-sonic-usa.html)

jb 01-07-2003 10:23 AM

Originally posted by DaveP
Folks - before anyone goes and verbally shoots Richard Hewitt, think again.

Many here enjoy boating as a hobby. Those of us that work in the industry understand that for marine companies to survive, they need to be run like businesses not like hobbies. The people in the companies must also possess a passion for success.

Good point. Boat builders do not usually make good business men. And Vice -versa

This may not be such a bad thing. We will certainly find out for sure in the future!

dyno 01-07-2003 12:00 PM

that Sucks! I hope they can get someone that knows a third of what Jay does!!!!!

blown formula 01-07-2003 12:59 PM

The major problem I forsee is that Jay was the ONLY person at Sonic that knew anything about the earlier (1st owner built) boats. Jay said he would help me with information & specs & parts(insite) into the rebuild of my '88 (Too Old's) Sonic. It needs LOTS of parts!! Now I know why my email never got answered or returned.....nobody is "minding the store" by revoking his email id or forwarding it for someone else to answer. A business man would have taken care of that immediately! Lost contacts are lost sales....period. :eek:

45sonic 01-07-2003 03:25 PM

Hey Blown Formula,
What is it you are looking for. I worked on Sonics for a number of years and have owned 3 including an older 1988 41SE model. If I can be of any help let me know. I also still have connections to get parts and what nots.

blown formula 01-07-2003 03:53 PM

Excellent !! Thanks 43 Thunder. If you will PM me your tel# and a good time to call I will do so. I have a couple of immediate questions to have answered if you can. Thanks,

George
or (my days# is 918-581-1654/cell 918-760-1080)

Looney Tune 01-07-2003 08:02 PM

Here is the deal. Jay has a contract that expired. Hewitt decided not to renew. His thinking, apparently is that he wants to take the Co. to the next level. New marketing, more boats, better boats. My sources (sounds cool) say that Hewitt is responsible for the new bagging process. More to come as it becomes known.

Madcow 01-07-2003 08:18 PM

Dose this mean stepped Sonic's are coming? Lets hope they don't loose sight of what a Sonic is.

GO4BROKE 01-07-2003 08:21 PM

I know there has been a lot of focus on increasing production of late. 120 boats a year isn't as profitable as 500.

Looney Tune 01-07-2003 09:32 PM

Found Him

1 Attachment(s)
The man- see if you look hard enough you can find anything:cool:

jetbell 01-07-2003 10:39 PM

SO does anybody knows where frank went????