Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where is Jay Ross of Sonic USA !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40401-where-jay-ross-sonic-usa.html)

DaveP 01-07-2003 11:05 PM

The New Bagging Process is actually a new/old layup procedure. It's called a "dry layup with an infusion process". The resin is measured and actually infused into the laminates/fiberglass. Definately a variation of bagging.

Skater played with it before. I saw it at the plant - definately a cool/interesting way to go.

Byron 01-08-2003 09:23 AM

I brought the bagging process to Sonic while I was working with 3Tex, but it's really call the infusion process. My opinion is Sonic is winged very hard without Jay around. I think we should show our opinion at the Miami boat show! If you ask them tech questions good luck without Jay. I'll be looking at the cigs now!

Pure Energy 01-08-2003 09:49 AM

I think we can all agree that Sonic, for the past few yrs., has been putting out a very high quality performance product. I don't believe that this is the work of just 1 person. And don't think for 1 second that Jay's replacement is not as qualified or talented and probably was sought out long ago. Any company with loyal customers that make drastic changes may loose some repeat business, I am sure they plan on attracting more new ones. The most important thing I learned in college was in my fraternity, "One Man is No Man" I think Too Old will agree.

GO4BROKE 01-08-2003 07:54 PM

we'll just have to wait and see. The product may improve!

Looney Tune 01-08-2003 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I may have a collectors item. I may have bought the very last boat built by Jay Ross. I wonder if that will keep it from deperciating

Looney Tune 01-09-2003 03:20 PM

Agreed:cool: :D

Reindl Powerboats 01-09-2003 03:24 PM

Too old,

Good thoughts.

I will say Thanks to Jay, and wish him the best wherever he goes, he will be an asset. We called him once on a custom re-rig of an older Sonic and he had all the answers. And after we did our testing, I would say he was on the money. Thanks Jay.

Chris

jb 01-09-2003 03:30 PM

Originally posted by Looney Tune
I think I may have a collectors item. I may have bought the very last boat built by Jay Ross. I wonder if that will keep it from deperciating
your kidding right? nice thought!!! It would be your best shot at minimalizing loss!!

blown formula 01-09-2003 04:53 PM

:rolleyes: Too Old,
unfortunately I think this was a fast decision at Sonic. Right before Christmas Jay & I were talking about me mailing him pictures and questions..... and then he is gone? while making plans of a continuing nature??? Sounds a little strange to me!
:confused:

Pure Energy 01-09-2003 04:57 PM

He probably was not allowed to say anything.