Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   can anyone tell me about aero marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/4041-can-anyone-tell-me-about-aero-marine.html)

aero-offshore 06-12-2001 10:05 PM

can anyone tell me about aero marine

just bought a 24' aero marine offshore, does anyone know where i can buy parts, like windshields? how about a history lesson? , what kind of speed can i expect with a supercharged 383 sbc around 500hp, what prop should i use with an alpha 1? also need sbc parts,heads, exhaust,risers ect.don't want much huh! thanks Buck

Niuhi 06-12-2001 11:21 PM

OOOhhh, Maybe I'm off base but that seems like allot of motor for an Alpha1. Perhaps the other guys on here with Alpha experience can shed a little light for you. :confused:

RLW 06-12-2001 11:25 PM

Your outdrive is doomed.

Larry D 06-12-2001 11:35 PM

the alpha was a good outdrive mated to a smallblock 260 to 300 hp they also hooked it to a 330 hp big block with limited success . I knew some guys who made them live with 400hp smallblocks on flat water . switch to a bravo the alpha will never live with 500 hp sorry

Sagbay32 12-01-2002 12:00 AM

Looking for info

I am looking for any info on Aero Marine. Any history on the 24' boat would be appreciated.

Email me if you can help.
Thank you
Mike
[email protected]

Sagbay32 03-18-2003 02:53 PM

Anyone have any info on Aero boats built in Metro Detroit area?

Mike

buckknekkid 03-18-2003 03:38 PM

your alpha

It will eventually look like steel wool inside. You need something bigger and tougher.:fish: :fish:

Ran-Dom 32 03-18-2003 03:46 PM

Seems to me Jim of- Awesome Powerboats - used to build 24 Aero Marine boats - same hull used by many companies - 24 Sunsation Rocket -comes to mind - someone correct me if i'm wrong

JIMKID Motorsports 03-18-2003 05:00 PM

AERO BOATS

yes you are correct jim klem was the original owner of aero which was lancer marine before that you may be able to get a hold of jim klem from the people at awsome boats in algonac mich i think that they bought the company from klem good luck

powerqrudy 03-18-2003 06:12 PM

yes you are all right...Jim was the owner back in the late 80s then it was sold to Predator..then paid no taxes and molds sat and now Vicious has them ..he is on this board often, actually saw him at breakfast the other day. They built a 24 28 and 32 rode on all but the 24..From what I remember it was a solid boat. Them Jim set up Ausome boat company on 26 mile road and Starville RD in the out skirts of Marine CIty pass it every other day. They build a good boat. But he no longer owns it. You will se a couple of these around here and there. mostly sitting because of lack of care and age. Any other questions E mail me at [email protected]