If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enjoy the show VIP Member Ron P's Avatar
    The Joisey Shore
    Dave, I can do a one page site in minutes. Let me know if you need help and you get to write all the text.

The problem is who will find it? You can pass the link around but it takes months and hard work to get listed in the search engines.

Used vehical sold with no warrenty? That's a tough one. Sounds like the bearing went bad. Probably would have been forty bucks to fix before things fell apart.

I'd call Too Old's lawyer.

Here's some info that I hope will help you out!

Better Business Bureau 800/326-3791
    The State Newspaper (Classifieds) 803/771-8360

Best of luck to you!

Here's a good article, called "Be careful what you say online".

it says "The point is that it seems like every Web user out there today needs an Internet Miranda Warning. As in: "Freeze, surfer -- everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

Another one is :
    "Defamation is written or spoken injury to a person or organization's reputation. Libel is the written act of defamation, vs. slander, the oral act of defamation.
    You often hear "Truth is the perfect defense against libel." A curious notion, not entirely supported by what goes on in the courts. Truth is a very good defense. It may prove an unshakable defense if you have $50,000 for lawyers to defend it. If you don't feel like being on the frontier of legal theory, you should build a somewhat better defense."

From a personal point of view: We once had a person calling our potential customers and telling them he didn't like our brand new product, and they should not buy it. (this was before the Internet) We knew why he was doing it -- he was deliberately claiming the design of our product was causing low speed numbers during testing sessions - because he was trying to protect the reputation of his own product (he was the engine builder).

Our lawyer suggested filing a law suit - on the basis that if we could prove his intent was to harm our business, he could be sued for maliciousness. Even though he may have only been giving his "personal" opinion to these people; the act of calling people out of the blue, completely unsolicited, meant he was deliberately trying to persuade our customers to cancel their orders - and this was an act of maliciousnes.

We never filed the suit though ---- lawyers cost a lot. Years later that same guy admitted to us that he had been experimenting with that motor without our knowledge, and this is likely what caused the early tests to show poor speed numbers. But it took years for the verbal damage to finally subside when brave customers took a chance on the hull despite the rumors. This resulted in its current winning reputation it had always deserved.
    Last edited by BK; 01-07-2003 at 10:28 AM.

Start a web page very similar to the dealers ,so if someone uses a serch engine your site will be available.

Life is short.

speel chekk this fokker! Charter Member puder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27' Scarab
    Locust Valley, New York

chekc with ebay if you close dthe deal on ebay they offer buyer protection services. I had a similar situation with my truck off of ebay. I needed a new tranny. Unfortunatly becasue the deal wasn't close done ebay i wasn't covered but you might be.
    Pardon me, while I whip this out!

Platinum Member Platinum Member Steve 1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Slippery when wet!
    Beautiful Fort Lauderdale

Thumbs up

Good thought for the future though Puder
    Slippery when wet. "POD" Free Tunnel through Common Sense Engineering

JUST DO IT, and try to get some help. DON'T WORRY about lawsuits and crap, GO AFTER THE *******S, they got you, now, GO GET THEM!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12