Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO New no wake zone (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40483-loto-new-no-wake-zone.html)

tachyon 01-08-2003 02:00 PM

Dean,

The manatees won't stay in the "no wake" zones - they'll go to Party Cove like everyone else... that could be interesting...

Dean Ferry 01-08-2003 02:11 PM

Tachyon,
If that happens, look out for the 3 FOOT floating BABY RUTHs everywhere in Party Cove!!:eek: Tha party will be moving ASAP!
MD

Big E 01-08-2003 03:34 PM

Jawbreakerkid

Chad - That was it, I bought it in October '02, the guy I bought it from is from Clinton, IL, he had a regular cab white Silverado 2500HD with mud flaps on the back, his truck said Garth Lawn Service, he went to Table Rock a lot. When I bought the boat it had "Dock Holiday" wrote on the side, I have taken that off and put it on the stern of the boat. I really don't like that name but a buddy of mine told me it is bad luck to change the name of a boat so I didn't. The boat is now permanently down at the Ozarks. Eric

BattleCry 01-08-2003 10:11 PM

To all that oppose this in some way, shape, form, or that some have it worse in other areas of the world, that is not what I believe the point is. It is that NOW they are attempting to develop a "no wake" here at LOTO. Every year the lake develops new rules and regulations that we as boaters must abide by. Some rules are understandable and others are ridiculous. I thought that "only on holiday weekends" was a great idea. Now they are taking it a step further. What it to stop them or another group from doing this elsewhere; here or anywhere else in the world.

Thanks

Big E 01-09-2003 07:49 AM

Jesse James - are you trying to tell me if I see Gary on the Lake to stay away from him? Will do. Point well taken:D :D :D

later 01-09-2003 08:42 AM

The sad thing is if something isnt done in the next few years with the damage being caused by the big wakes you will be seeing a size limitation, or a day time speed limit (wont help the problem) or a whole lot more of the no wake zones, im on the main channel and i choose to be there for the view etc. and i do spend a lot of time making dock repairs and i can feel the frustration that the dock owners feel in the GG arm of the lake which is the most travelled area on the lake by the big boats why the Party Cove. hopefully there will be a comprmise that all can live with so they dont shut the lake down al together and make it into a runabout lake!
later
Dave

DLG 01-09-2003 08:48 AM

Waterfoul,
You’re missing the point here. Us guys at LOTO do know how good we have it,,, that’s what we’re trying to protect! The idle speeds at the other waterways you point out suck and we don’t want to end up with the same thing. First it was no wake under the bridge, then it extended to its current position, now they’re trying to extend it another 1/2 mile. I somehow think that if they get the additional 1/2 mile then within three years we’ll be idling all the way to P.C.
Here’s what really pisses me off. The guy who owns Robins Resort was one of the main proponents on extending the no wake to where it is today. He said all the traffic and decadence from the P.C. crowd was ruining his business and costing him big $ in dock repair. I asked him once if he ever considered the property owners in Backwater’s cove when HIS renters went there to have dinner? My point being, the big draw (and the reason many folks rent a Robin’s cottage) is because if the freedom at LOTO.
The main channel is also rough at the 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, but that’s where these people choose to buy. If they want calm conditions then Missouri has lot’s of “restricted” lakes they could move to, all of which have cheaper property and less people then LOTO…. I wonder why?

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now,
DLG

Big E 01-09-2003 08:52 AM

Dave - I don't think the day will ever come where LOTO will be turned into a runabout lake, there is too much money down there. Just my thoughts. I imagine there will be a lot more idle zones to come. Eric

later 01-09-2003 12:36 PM

in refrence to the property owners in backwater jacks cove. im sure the subject has come up more than once about making that a no wake, idle speed cove from the mouth of the cove to the end, having been around the lake for many years and owned property in coves its my understanding in order to make a cove a no wake cove it takes 100% of the property owners to agree. and i dont think backwater jacks would shot themself in the foot. thats why you see no wake bouys 100ft off the docks on both sides of the cove the property owners are doing the best they can to control the cove with present law. All im really trying to point out is we have a great lake that supports are boating style but if were not carefull we will lose that previlage. alot of the concerns of resent years is the fact that there are a lot more people enjoying the lake than ever before and there are alot bigger boats down there than ever before. and the problems of wave destruction is getting to be a real concern. remember the lake isnt owned by missouri govt its owned by union electric its just a previlage that they let us use it.
later

Von Bongo 01-09-2003 01:08 PM

Originally posted by Jesse James
I think the real concern is not the idle zone but the fact they put it in a main body of the lake.
And want to extend it further. When this doesn't cut down on the waves then I suppose they will take it up the main channel N and W and all the way back to the cove. :rolleyes:

What does the cruiser group care, they are only going 10 MPH slower anyway :eek: