Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ahhh

I do 12 oz. curls every night ...
Old 01-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

12oz curlz are definately the way to go!!!
Old 01-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miller

Man from my heart loved martial arts from child hood and have first Dan in Taekwondo, Trained under Grandmaster Sam Kim in upstate ny. I was going to open a school here in syracuse but decided to change my mind, LOve Love it. I want to go get my 2nd Dan belt, in time. All martial arts are great. They are all useful if you need to it depends what your use is. Taekwondo was full contact went to many tournaments loved them. Gracie's are awesome stick to it. If i ever decide to change styles it would be Gracie's but i am very loyal to taekwondo. If you stick to one style long enough you will almost always start for a certain reason and much much later as you grow in it you will realize that the reason you thought you started(such as most people think some are more practical than others. All are practical if used right.) will always change. Keep training. Never stop. only to run the boat. Ever get up to the thousand islands in ny look me up. Boats name is tantrum. hope to see you.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I switched to Gracie jiu jitsu simply because it is effective in the real world. A close friend of mine is a Navy SEAL and studies jiu jitsu on his own and he finds it more practical for the real life situations he encounters, than the system taught to him by the Navy. I've found that my skill level is advancing rapidly and after several years of training (about 4-5 total, with almost 2 years of jiu jitsu) in the different styles, I realize that jiu jitsu is the most effective system in my opinion. Afterall, most fights end up on the ground and that is where most styles lose effectiveness. In addition, some of the more artistic and balletic movements of Kung Fu, Tae Kwon Do, etc. are not practical as they take too much time to execute and leave too much self exposure in a street fight. That is why the MMA tournaments of today are won by guys with a total package of kicking, punching and grappling with most matches decided by grappling skill on the ground.

As for Royce (the "R" is pronounced like and H), he has not stopped by while I was there. However, Guy Ritchie (sp?), Madonna's husband and numerous current UFC, NHB, Pride and other MMA world champions have and/or due train at the school. It's pretty cool to train with some of these guys, especially because we train full-out like boxers do and we don't pull the punches. Of course, that may be why I'm a bit sore today. I think I may have re-broken the nose...oh well maybe it will make me prettier.