Boating from Miami to the Keys >

Boating from Miami to the Keys

Notices

Boating from Miami to the Keys

Old 01-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boating from Miami to the Keys

Hey guys, where is the best place to put in at , or around miami and go boating to the keys. Is it better to put in around Ft. Lauderdale or go on toward Marathon? Is it better to just tow on to keywest? Hope to boat from monday after the show until the next weekend. thanks
Old 01-07-2003, 08:28 PM
Registered

i love this question!...have had it myself many years ago.

i have to say that i (WE) much perfer to trailer to KW that boat down....now we boat going the other way on day and over night trips. this way you can boat on the front side or back side if need be, depending on weather and the mood your in. plus you can store a lot of extra junk in the truck.

we spend A LOT of time in the keys. just got back from a 2 week plus stay there on the boats. please feel TOTALLY free to call me... i can tell ya where to dock, where to park, where to eat...

734 635 1697 any time
Old 01-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Registered

Good call Joe, Thanks for the ride Audacity is a great boat, scared the sh*t out of Linda, her bruise is starting to fade, hehe.
Thanks again for the ride give Joe a call he knows the waters down there for a Mich boy.

Hugh
Old 01-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Registered

I was in the Keys a few weeks ago and the whole time I was there I only saw one speedboat out on the water.

Kinda dissapointing
Old 01-07-2003, 09:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tonto

Get with Tonto - he knows every bar from Miami to Key West. He took us places you would never find if you were not w/ him. The best part is the upper and middle Keys - BH
Old 01-07-2003, 11:26 PM
Registered

no problem hugh. i like to run.

we run more in KW/keys every year than we do here.

just get charts! it all starts to look the same....tillllll the boat stops and runs out of water.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:54 PM
Registered

Key West won't be a great place to boat at this time of the year. It will be rough so not many places to go there. Better to run the inside and do Marriott, Westin, Holiday Isle, Hawks Cay, and if your budget allows one of the Seven wonders of the World "Little Palm Island"
Old 01-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Little Palm Island

Steve:

What's up w/ that place? We passed it coming back to Miami - Tonto was telling me a little about it. Any more info? BH
Old 01-08-2003, 08:30 AM
Registered

Brian

Like Steve said,"If your budget allows". Neat place, just very expensive. Stu was going to do an FPC run there one year and it was going to cost $1200.00/night for room and boat slip . And there's NO phone ! You might be able to look them up at www.noblehouse.com. They also own the Ocean Key House in Key West.

Robert
Old 01-08-2003, 08:39 AM
Registered

Steet

Why not hang around and do the poker run with FPC the weekend after the show. We are going to Holiday Isle in the middle keys. It would be a good way to get your feet wet so to speak if you've never been to the keys before. Like Audacity said, GET A CHART ! It might look like it's a big lake, but if you tear across a bay, you might find yourself picking sand or coral out of your hair . There is a good possibily I will be down there that week also, staying in Key Largo.

Robert

Quick Reply: Boating from Miami to the Keys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.