Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Football differences (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40579-football-differences.html)

SteveS 01-09-2003 10:58 AM

Forgot 1

Weather Conditions October Game:

North - 34degrees F with rain/snow mix

South - 68degrees F

Jayl13 01-09-2003 12:58 PM

Hey wait a minute Whoa
Daze your ass is from JERSEY
so dont gimmie that BS
Second, Beaver statium at Penn State
(home of the marshmellow fights!!!)
Beaver Stadium, the 93,967-seat home of the Nittany Lions
and down in the Guud Ole Sauth, Id lake yah to meet Muh Wife and mah sistur,
(and there was one girl standing there)

Now yes Im a philly fan but no im not going to start emailing idle death threats to your news papers to inform your fans your going to either have your neck snapped or your wings clipped and tossed from the 700 level

That asswipe has single handidly made an ass out of every Philadelphian and philly fan.
Lets just say he was not speaking for all of us and it has caused a major uproar up here about all this BS this moron did.
I hear now he is back peddeling trying to save his own ass now.
apologizing to every damn person alive
I also heard on the news when they interviewed this pathetic piece of **** that he was flying down to Atlanta on Friday to be interviewed by some radio stations and stuff in Atlanta?
Maybe you guys can get some people to find out where he is staying and sort of make sure he does not quite find the airport to come home WINK WINK WINK

I wish the falcons and the eagles both luck but Ill be rooting for the Eagles of course
Jason

florida gator 01-09-2003 01:14 PM

jayl13, you folks should be awful proud of the "(home of the marshmellow fights!!!)".

buck183 01-09-2003 06:27 PM

Originally posted by Von Bongo
255 consecutive sellouts at 76,000 a shot, yea we don't think much of football in Nebraska. :rolleyes: :D
LOL.......Von I was going to mention that one too. Kind of speaks for itself doesn't it?

Buck

buck183 01-09-2003 06:45 PM

Someone needs to get an official NCAA recordbook link for us. This would help the argument WaterFoul and I are about to get in. I was under the assumption that Memorial Stadium held the NCAA record for most consecutive sell outs.

Someone check and let us know before I make an a$$ of myself and have to eat too much crow. ;)

Sorry Mike:(

Buck

Von Bongo 01-09-2003 07:06 PM

It does.

Michigan holds all the other attendance records but NU has the most consecutive sellouts.

NCAA record 255 consecutive sellouts, dating to Oct. 20, 1962 belongs to NU

ND is second at 161
MU a way distant 3rd at 106
PSU 94
Florida 77

Step 01-09-2003 11:05 PM

Von,
Interesting how the "VOL Navy" started. I didn't realize it was started in 1962. If you've seen the river width there at Neyland Stadium (200 yards wide?), you can imagine what it's like after the game with 200 boats that have been tailgating all day....

Niuhi, cool picture of UW's stadium.

buck183 01-09-2003 11:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Waterfoul
[B]"The Big House" that Don Canham built, Bo Schembechler paid for, and Loyd Carr fills on Saturdays.

Capacity, 107,501. Average attendence is OVER 110,000. Nations LONGEST SELLOUT STREAK. And on Saturday game days, it IS the third largest city in Michigan. OSU stadium also seats 100,000 plus for EVERY game, which are also always sold out.

Von Bongo,

That's what I thought. Do we need to bring WaterFoul up to speed on the facts? :eek:

Sorry Mike, I had to. We don't have much to brag about this year. It's a little different then what we're used to. We have to have something to hold our heads up about.

Buck