Notices

Eliminator

Old 01-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,161 Likes on 3,670 Posts

From what ive been told by the shop that has done powdercoating for me, it does not hold up as well in a saltwater enviorment, they did some tabs for a high profile enginge shop, and said the peeled and blisted after several times in the ocean.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:38 AM
RickerTX

Turbo- Mine doesn't sit in the water that much. I live on the lake so I take it out each night. The hardware in the cockpit does not have this problem, so the water does play a major factor.

Old 01-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Ant

My boat sits on a lift. It is washed and dried after every run. I also have a 1997 280ss formula that still looks brand new. Fittings and hangers have to be better quality , not a speck of rust. We spent alot of hard earned money with Eliminator and they should own up .If i dont get a response i will file in federal court ,maybe the court will rule in my or our favor. I intend to fight this all the way. I feel Ive been taken.

Old 01-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Uncle Toys

I have had a 26 Daytona for 13 months now. My vents and swim platform are the polished aluminum version. Never had any powdercoating, so I can’t help you there.

However, I have had a great deal of exposure to the Eliminator people. The main factory is a half hour north of my home – been there many times. Specifically, who have you contacted? I realize from your earlier post that the dealer is gone but I assure you Eliminator is there and very healthy.

From my own experience, I know that many of the warranty items are pass-through. In other words, Eliminator doesn’t warranty the engine(s), Merc does. In the past, Eliminator has been fairly helpful in the process.

There is a good chance I will be going there tomorrow. Tell me who you have talked to and give me more specifics. While I am there I will talk to them for you (if possible).

When you come to the end of your rope, but before you file a law suit, I would recommend calling Bob Leach directly. You can get him on the phone and he is very involved with the business. In the past he has always suggested calling him if I had a problem – my guess is that offered is not just open to me!

This board can be an awesome resource if you stay calm, professional and supply a lot of details.

Old 01-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Ant

Bob Leach is the one that my att. and Marine Surveyor has tried to reach. All they got was a no return call /or response to my Att. letters. You may HAVE a good relationship because your near to Eliminator. It would be foolish for them to ignore you. Ask them to show you the pics. my Att. sent, and you will see the lack of quality in their boat. When a co. boasts of the finest quality and fails to produce, in my opinion, is taking advantage of the public . People in my area thats seen my boat would never buy an Eliminator . I would think that a good reputation is needed in a powerboat market, after looking at my boat , I guess it really doesnt matter that much. Im looking forward to hearing from you ,Uncle Toys,and hearing what excuse ,if any they have. THANKS

Old 01-10-2003, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uncle Toys, it's nice of you to help this guy. I guess my wife was right about you, you are a nice guy. OTTO
Old 01-12-2003, 01:46 PM
Registered

I have owned three Eliminators and I have no complaints
Maybe you should try to call Bob Leach in stead of your att
Old 01-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Uncle Toys

Ant - Visited with Bob Leach Saturday morning. When I brought up your situation he couldn't recall talking to you or your attorney. Any chance you spoke to his son, Brent Leach? He is the guy in charge of production.

Old 01-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I would call Bob myself if I were you, he stands behind his business at the races, and so does his son. I am sure they will take care of you.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Registered

You may want to PM Slydog on this board. You think you have problems with Eliminator, you should hear his story. After all the problems he has had and them not wanting to help him at all, I will never buy an Eliminator.

Quick Reply: Eliminator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.