Notices

Eliminator

Old 01-08-2003, 03:07 PM
Ant

Default Eliminator

I have a 2000 25 Daytona Eliminator that has a design defect
Transom vents allows water to enter the bilge rusting out bilge blower, hose fittings and hangers. Power coating is off of all parts
So much for quality parts and workmanship!

Thinking of suing. Has anyone else experienced any of these problems? Eliminator refuses to acknowledge. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 01-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Ant

Glad to be on board. wrote to boating mags. I hope someone will reply . I much rather work it out with eliminator. Hope to get some good advice. Thanks for your reply.

Old 01-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ant- I have a 2001 I am not having any problems like you are stating. You did not put down where you are from. Have you talked to the dealer that sold it to you. Got any pictures. Are your vents same place the rest of them are or are yours in different places? More details.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:44 PM
RickerTX

Ant- I also have a 2000 25 Daytona, My blowers are not rusted out. However, the rear vents can let in a little water if the waves are just right. Never thought about it being a design defect. My powder coated swim steps and hatch hardware looks like crap and is bubbling and peeling also. I would like a response from Eliminator on those but I am afraid I will just have to pop to have them recoated. Overall, very good workmanship on my boat, powdercoating aside.

Rick

Old 01-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Ant

Turbo/Ricker, I live in NJ nothing but salt air .Dealer went bankrupt .Marine Surveyor noticed defect .Waiting for report. Open vents are on transom about 12in. above swim platform. I suspect boat was rigged for fresh water. IF so why would Eliminator send a fresh water boat to an ocean area. Powdercoating is horrible which does not say much for quality. I do have pics. which Surveyor took.

Old 01-09-2003, 03:44 PM
RickerTX

Ant - mine is a fresh water boat and the powder coat is awful also. My vents are in the same place and you can see straight thru the vents to the engine. Mine is a twin step so it is pretty close to the water line when in the water. My swim steps look the worse though. I will definitely have to recoat them this winter. My boat is well built otherwise. Let me know if Eliminator says anything.

Old 01-09-2003, 03:44 PM
Registered

I did not go with the power coated swim steps. I had noticed before I ordered mine that when a swim step is powder coaded it looks like hell after a short period of time. I did not notice this on an eliminator but on other boats. All of my hardware still looks new. When ever I get back home I wash boat & clean it up before I put the cover on.

I have seen a lot of new cars, boat & RV's that look like hell after a short period of time because the person did not take care of it & just left it out in the weather. Not saying you have not taken care of your boat just stating what I see.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:00 PM
RickerTX

Turbo - mine is not a care and maintenance issue. I also wash and dry my boat and clean all of the hardware before putting the cover back on. It has just gone to hell over that last two season. I think my swin steps are Eddie marine and probably were coated by them anyway. So it is really there quality issue. Eliminator probably just installed them on the boat.

Old 01-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Registered

Ricker-Problem must be parts sitting in water then. Are you having problems with the other hardware?
Old 01-10-2003, 08:07 AM

Can not believe that a company like Eliminator will not stand behind it's products. Makes you think which boat company to buy from next??????OTTO

Quick Reply: Eliminator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.