Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
They say us boaters are supporting terrorism!? >

They say us boaters are supporting terrorism!?

Notices

They say us boaters are supporting terrorism!?

Old 01-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have several "huggers" in my neighborhood, and guess what they drive.............you guessed it.......Isuzu Rodeo and a Dodge Durango......
Old 01-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Matt, Mitch, Lake Trash, Risk Taker... well stated
Old 01-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Registered

Typical Liberal bull****

Won't let anyone drill for oil in the USA, then accuse us of funding terrorism??

Like we got an F***ing choice
Old 01-10-2003, 08:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thrill, I agree it would be nice if we could just ignore these idiots till they went away, but I think we could be in a world of hurt if we do. This crap started 5-6 years ago as a few little blurbs about fuel mileage and safety from the Sierra Club. But the drums keep getting louder and lots more of these enviro-nazis and their pals in the media are latching on to it because it gets them what they crave-attention. If we poo poo this and ignore them the next thing that will happen is these Senators or Congresscritters will take up the cause and make some new legislation. Then it will no longer be our choice of what to drive-they will tell the automakers how and what to build and we will pay the freekin bill. I am sure that when the smokers heard a few wackos talking about banning cigarettes a couple of decades ago they said "hey ignore them,they'll go away". Now you can barely smoke anywhere in some states and it ain't cheap. BTW, I am not a smoker, but it is a good example. We need to use every opportunity to expose these hypocrites and humiliate them for their stupid ideas, if not slowly but surely more people will believe the lies and one day you'll be trying to tow with a Suzuki Samurai, that you paid 56K for.....
Old 01-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Uncle Toys

Originally posted by mattyboy
(I LIVE IN NYC METRO AREA THE MOST LIBERAL AREA I KNOW OF EXCEPT FOR THE LEFT COAST)
Minor correction, that's the NORTHERN Left Coast (sorry Hot Water, but you know its true)

Old 01-10-2003, 08:55 AM
Registered

Next they will say "Tax cuts are funding terrorism"

And the reason there is terrorism to begin with is because these pussies never do anything about it!
They'll let them out of prison? Sell them our secrets and weapons to use against us?
But God forbid anybody tries to go in there (Iraq/Korea) and take back anything or try to stop them.
These bastards will do or say anything to get re-elected. They create this whole mess and then try to turn around and blame someone else for it?

I sometimes think it is going to take another revolutionary war to get rid of these *******s.

God bless Rush Limbaugh!
Old 01-10-2003, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

EX20 - you can cut the converters open on your stang and replace the platinum grid with a section of tubing and tig weld them back together. It will still pass emissions. If you have a big cam in it you will need to add alcohol to the tank to pass, though.

I would like to see the total gas consumption of all of the PERFORMANCE boats in the US (with a breakout of raceboats as well). I am confident that the total gallons will be no more than a tiny SPECK on the consumption chart.

As far as Ms. Huffinpuff and her private jet, there is no more thirsty form of transportation in existence. Somewhere around 2.5mpg on medium distance flights, and less than that for short hops (figure somewhere around $250 just to get it off the ground).

Here's an idea... Why don't ALL of the *****ing greenies drive solar cars? How come we see them in limousines, Navigators, and Lear jets?

Why don't they live in houses made of mud with windmill generators outside - how come we see them in 9000 square foot houses that require $850 worth of fossil-fuel-generated electricity to power them every month?

Harry Potter should put one of those SLUG spells on all of them - whenever they open their mouth to be a hypocrite, huge nasty slugs start crawling out of their throat...

I am concerned about the mass devastation of rain forests. I am concerned about the senseless killing of elephants for their tusks. I am concerned about the mass-drownings of porpoises in tuna nets. I am concerned about the cat-jugglers in Mexico (remember that SNL episode with Steve Martin?).

BUT

I guess I'm not smart enough to see the opportunity there for me to start going on talk shows and holding press conferences to rant and shout about it. Obviously, if I pretend to be an idiotic hardcore greenie, then I can get flown all over the country, meet politicians, paid for my appearances, and start my own nonprofit foundation to receive donations from which I will pay myself a small salary (small is a relative term here).

I get sick and angry whenever a savage greenie gets microphone time. Nuts. Frustrating.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Tom
Registered

From what I understand the commercial was a take-off on the anti drug commercial. I smoke about an eighth ounce of pot a year probably grown in US, but I am supporting terrorists too?

I have a friend who made one of the ads - the one with Bin Ladin dressed like Uncle Sam saying the greatest weapon of mass destruction is in your driveway. I honor his belief as well as his creativity in presenting it. I joke with him that if I burn up all the oil in my boat then I am helping to hurry up the time when we finally get around to creating alternatives.

It is not Liberal vs Conservative - we use more oil based resources than the planet can sustain, period. As long as there is profit in it we will all be manipulated into arguing around the main point; we must switch to better sources of energy. An energy policy made with those who profit, done in secret, and based almost exclusively on more oil usage is what we should all be upset about. What did they all decide behind our backs that they are afraid we might find out?
Old 01-10-2003, 04:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom, Tom, Tom please don't buy into the old liberal saw about "Big Oil". First of all, if we don't ask the producers about energy policy, who will we ask??? Maybe the enviro-whackos, or the terrorists?? Or maybe we should let the Sierra club do it? Do you want to run your Bat Boat with an electric motor?? Isn't it odd how every year they keep changing the year when we will supposedly run out of oil? You know in the 70's we were supposed to be dry right now, last I checked there were a few gallons left out there. Did you know that there were several enviro bigwigs invited to the "secret" energy task force meetings, but they declined the invitation? Why do you suppose that is? Maybe because they could then rail against whatever came out, regardless of what was said?
Old 01-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Uncle Toys

Originally posted by Tom
It is not Liberal vs Conservative - we use more oil based resources than the planet can sustain, period. As long as there is profit in it we will all be manipulated into arguing around the main point; we must switch to better sources of energy. An energy policy made with those who profit, done in secret, and based almost exclusively on more oil usage is what we should all be upset about. What did they all decide behind our backs that they are afraid we might find out?
Actually Tom, any use of oil based resources is more than the planet can sustain – remember – it’s not a renewable source. But that’s tangential, what I really wanted to comment on was your statement about “secret” energy policies. Who exactly are “they”?

Maybe it would help us understand if you would quote your source. I was under the impression that in our free market economy each energy company made their own policy. Actually, if they came together wouldn’t that be collusion – a crime?

What’s wrong with the “profit” motive? I thought Adam Smith’s Invisible Hand principle was a corner stone of our economy! The idea that each of us pursuing what’s in our best interest (economically), will in aggregate, end up making better decisions for society than some central planning system.

Possibly that sounds overly simplistic, after all its over 200 years old. But hey, it has produced the kind of economic surplus that allows people to spend time worrying about the environment. Doubt if they have that kind of time in North Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

Last edited by Uncle Toys; 01-10-2003 at 05:00 PM.

Quick Reply: They say us boaters are supporting terrorism!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.