Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   O/T: My Mother-in-law sucks. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40701-o-t-my-mother-law-sucks.html)

dmhoj 01-10-2003 10:55 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone for making me feel better- Usually I just complain to my dog about it, & he doesn't really care. Now that I think about it every time she comes over she is real nice to our dog saying $hit like "how is my boy?" your boy? I think not retard, leave my dog alone!

TulsaLarry 01-10-2003 11:24 AM

My mother-in-law never liked me, but now that she has alzheimers she still doesn't like me but can't remember why.:)

Bunt 01-10-2003 11:27 AM

dmhoj,
how long have you and your wife been married? I love my wife but all i can say is this sh@t better not keep happening cause eventually I WILL have a heart to heart talk with the m-i-l with my wife and father in law present. the sad thing is is that the m-i-l says all this bad stuff and talks to my wife about divorce without the father in law even knowing she is doing it. He has told her to stop medling in our lives once before because he didn't want my wife and I to stop all contact with them. well, she is still doing it. funny thing is is that she is really nice to my face. she calls me a mommy's boy because I talk to my folks 1-2 times a week but yet she calls 3-4 times a day.

I think I could get sympothy from the judge - you know, mental trauma or insanity!!!

hang in there dude and have a beer for me.

Bunt

Airpacker 01-10-2003 12:06 PM

I feel 4 ya. Mine will drive an insane person to be normal. Everything in life is blown up to melodramatic proportions. The simplest little things get out of hand. When we first met,she told my wife that I,a blue collar business owner wasn't good enough for her because I got my hands dirty making a living. When we moved in together,she told my wife she was the greatest disappointment in her life(funny how her 2 sons who have children with estranged girlfriends are perfect f'in angels who can do no wrong)and that I was ruining her chances for a happy life(like she would knopw what a happy life was) Now after 8 years of marriage,she pretends that none of this ever happened and friggin moves into my "dirty money" house for 5 weeks before heading south for the winter because the dip****s retired to an island property.DOH,water freezes in this part of the world genius. Treats the place like a hotel(ie expects to be cooked for,cleaned up after and never expected to lift a finger)Guess I can always hold out hope for a hurricane to hit her winter condo in cancun huh?

Aqua-Holic 01-10-2003 12:21 PM

? I think not retard, leave my dog alone!

:p :D :p :D

:frog:

Niuhi 01-10-2003 12:23 PM

Hey Airpacker, the next time she moves in, put a little itching powder in her bed for her.

dyno 01-10-2003 12:29 PM

Dude mines a Tree Hugger....I run fast boats and Kill things for sport!!!!Think we get along?

Airpacker 01-10-2003 01:43 PM

Originally posted by dyno
Dude mines a Tree Hugger....I run fast boats and Kill things for sport!!!!Think we get along?
:D :D :D :D

dmhoj 01-10-2003 02:18 PM

Bunt-
I have been married for 4 years. Your situation is so similar, it scares me. The only way to stop it is for us to move far away, like from NJ to Florida. My M.I.L. is the worst of all because she is a true hypocondriac. She has a different disease every week. I used to think it was sad & bad for her, but that is what she want's, so when she really gets sick, I am not feeling any sympathy. Trips to the hospital, money spent on food, etc. Just a frickin' pain in the a$$.

NASTY HABIT 01-10-2003 02:28 PM

Mine can't be all bad....I bailed her out of jail in Nov..the thoght of leaving her in did cross my mind...and I really believed it would have earned a HERO status from married men everywhere....or at least an appearance on" The Man Show...:D :D but...it was thanksgiving morning....:crazy: she's a good mom in law anyhow...