Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Back in my day (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40726-ot-back-my-day.html)

IDRPSTF 01-13-2003 08:37 PM

Perv alert!!!
I thought you were a Cop, not a priest. Shes 13 or something like that.

Niuhi 01-13-2003 09:56 PM

Speaking of building forts, how many of you also had BB gun fights. :D :D :eek:

Les

SeaRay Jim 01-13-2003 10:07 PM

Originally posted by Aqua-Holic
Oh yeah....one more thing....Chris 232, I know I am relatively young (25 tomorrow), but what is pong? Was it a game, or more of a game console like atari?
Is that a serious question? Chit, if it is, I'm going to Walgreens to pick up some Geritol! :puppy:

Steve_H 01-13-2003 10:11 PM

BB gun story:

the day my older brother taught me a valuble lesson.

kid in my neighborhood that was 3 years older then me and alot bigger shot me twice in the leg (i had shorts on) with his pump as many as 30 times BB gun. hurt like hell and broke skin. i run home crying , hey i was only 8 i think and tell my older brother hoping he will go kick the guys azz. nope , instead he takes to the garage and saws off the handle to a broom. tells me to sneak up behind the guy and hit him as hard as i can. not once but at least twice. well i do like he says , caught him right above his right ear. only hit him once. the guy who thought he was tuff stuff started begging for me not to hit him again. guess what he never messed with me again.

morale of the story:
never underestimate anyone.

SeaRay Jim 01-13-2003 10:13 PM

Those "big block heels" we called then elevator shoes, and we had chucka boots and yes, we worm bell bottoms, all this was the first time around! We jammed to transistor radios at home and later, AM in cars. Yes, I had 8 tracks. Oh and yes, I had a light blue leisure suit, big colar and (oh god, I'm going to say it) white patten leather shoes with abig fat matching white belt!!

:D :) :confused: :( :eek:

little princess 01-13-2003 10:37 PM

Please don’t smack me cuz pay back may hurt you more than it will hurt me. Remember like my dad says I’m a teen so I know it all. Thanks for the protection IDRPSTF but I am a few years over 13:D

little princess 01-13-2003 10:39 PM

Jim I think your blue suit white leather shoes and belt sound like something like my friend wor to prom last year

gmhdfan 01-14-2003 06:27 AM

Funny stuff guys. Anyone remember getting whacked on the back of the hands with a ruler by the nuns (penguins) Pong was cool, but what about good all pinball machines. The ones with 2 flippers and you got 2-3 plays for .25. Not these 3 level, 6 flipper, 4 balls going at one time machines. Remember the nasty gum that came in the baseball cards. Or the closepin and baseball card on the spokes of your bike. The bike with the 6' sissy bar and bananna seats, 3 speed shifter. Or the apple, orange crate bikes. We use to cut forks off another bike and put them on our front ends to make choppers. Crome reverse wheeles or baby moons. POW braclets, friends brothers that didn't come home from Nam :( The Honda 50 trail that had the fold up handle bars that you would throw into the trunk of your car and go riding somewhre fun. Times have changed I watch TV Land with my 6 year old twins (they call it gray TV :) ). One asked me how come Opie can walk around Mayberry all by himself. Out of the minds on kids. Remember the Green Hornet, Speed Racer. I had more match box cars than I knew what to do with, than Hot wheels came out (matchbox cars on NOS) FM convertors in the car, 8 tracks. If you had a Grieg powerplay with Jensen triaxle speakers, you had it going on. Muscle cars and Custom vans. Honda 750 choppers, BSA, or Triumphs. Sunoco gas pumps that you would turn the handle for what ever octane you wanted. .45 got you a gallon of gas or a pack of cigarettes. Cable TV when they had music videos on in between HBO shows. Got to go to work thanks for the memories, it was a GREAT time.
Pete:) :cool:

florida gator 01-14-2003 08:31 AM

How about staying uplate on Friday to watch Friday Night Videos because there was no cable.

Allan4 01-14-2003 12:40 PM

Originally posted by Niuhi
Speaking of building forts, how many of you also had BB gun fights. :D :D :eek:

Les

Yup.......!!:D :D :D