Old 01-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

liberal burgers give me gas...
Old 01-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

yes mcollinstn, bill gates should be taxed at a higher rate than a guy making 40k. he has greatly benefited from this country and can afford to pay more. has he earned his wealth, yes, but not without using this countries resources to help him become wealthy. please excuse me if i don't cry for somebody making billions, if i made his money i would gladly pay 38%, if he actually does. besides, i never heard him complain about it, have you?

steve1, if you hate to butt in , why do it? just kidding, how ya doing?
Old 01-12-2003, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL 28 I am fine and yourself??
Old 01-12-2003, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do we not just have everyone pay the same PERCENT, if you make more you pay more but, it would still be the same percent as everyone else. Then ofcourse if there is a tax cut the higher income would get the same percentage of cut as everyone else. Naturally the higher incomed would have a higher dollar amount because their percent(which would be the same) is a larger amount of money. Seems like a easy system to me. Dwight
Old 01-12-2003, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SABER28
yes mcollinstn, bill gates should be taxed at a higher rate than a guy making 40k. he has greatly benefited from this country and can afford to pay more. has he earned his wealth, yes, but not without using this countries resources to help him become wealthy. please excuse me if i don't cry for somebody making billions, if i made his money i would gladly pay 38%, if he actually does. besides, i never heard him complain about it, have you?

steve1, if you hate to butt in , why do it? just kidding, how ya doing?
Actually I'd say the country and the world has greatly benefited from Mr. Gates and his vision.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I
do
not
agree.

It should NOT matter what he can "afford" to pay. That is akin to robbing someone's house and taking "whatever is in there".

If I'm not mistaken, he was from a lower-middle-class family and started screwing with computers in his garage (just like Apple's Steve Jobs and many others who have done good for themselves).

The opportunities exist for everybody. To pilfer those who "make it" is WRONG. Take from the rich and give to the poor. That is Robin Hood crap.

At least Robin Hood was taking it BACK from the government that had illegally taken it from the people in the FIRST place...

You talk is nothing but BULLY treatment - you got it, so cough it up... Gimme your lunch money...

It's still just crap.

Foul, I say.
Unfair.
Illegal...

There are other unfair practices of the tax code for big earners. They get deductions phased out. They get child credits phased out. They get exemptions phased out. They get their participation in IRAs and other retirement plans phased out. How can this be construed as justifiable?

If Bill Gates has three kids, then how come HE cant get child tax credit? How come HE cant take an exemption on them?

Oh, yeah, I forgot - CAUSE HE CAN AFFORD IT.

How freakin lame is that cr@p...
Old 01-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Why doesn't Bush impose a flat tax now?
Old 01-12-2003, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wish he would.

Can't get it passed, would be my guess.

Can always hope, though..
Old 01-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neil is right on the Money !!!!
Steve ..great job on all of your facts that you have ...WOW you must like to type..
FLAT TAX OR ANY TAX RELIEF GETS MY VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BY the way where is Cat at ???
Old 01-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Allan4

28, do me one favor, and explain why you would say something as absurd as Bill Gates should pay a higher rate than a guy making $40k.

You say it takes money to make money, I say that is crap. That is what cynics use as an excuse to justify why they are uncomfortable with their situation. If you think it takes money to make money, fine, then do something to create the money to make money. That's a cop out.

It takes relentless hard work, good decisions and uncomprimising desire to succeed to make money. I am not banging on people with a lessor income, I have been on both extremes. I am banging on people who quickly blame "some rich guy" for his (in his own mind)shortcomings. Ultimately succees to me is measured by happiness, respect and the positive impact you have on the lives of others, not soley by $$. By that standard, anyone can be a success in life, but SO MANY TIMES people who have created their own bad situations act with great haste and implicate someone who HAS found success. I have immeasurable respect for people who have created a life they enjoy and succeed with, no matter what income is invloved, no matter what they do for a living.

Logic and democracy(2 principles our great country was founded on) says we are to be rewarded for hard work, good decisions, proper investing/saving, etc. So, if I do all of these things, and Joe Schmoe does none of these things, why should I be penalized for having done welll, and he be rewarded for acting with great a disinterest in his own well being. YOU think I should pay his freight. Why??

If you are disabled, then I think that is an exception. Do remember though, there are plenty of people who are disabled who become great success in life. They have 1000 times more to ***** about than Joe Schmoe, but rather they go out and "DO", they are the "doer's" Whitey spoke of above. Millions of people who have no excuse would rather lay around and complain than actually become productive. I'm not talking about someone who is down on their luck, that happens to the best of us. I am talking about the life long cynics and life long poverty stricken people who have only themselves to blaim. Great people have overcome great odds to become wealthy and successful.......funny how that just doesn't seem to happen to everyone........maybe that is because envy, irresponsability and apathy is counter productive. But have no fear, the money makers will bail them out becasue Uncle Sam is going to screw the rich.

I'm not rich by any means, but I'm not going to sit around and sualk over someone making more jack than me. I think they need a pat on the back, not a kick in the grapes from Uncle Sam and the liberal goofiness.

P.S.--I just saw a video of Alec "Castro" Baldwin skydiving. Must have been one of them there new electric planes......funny how these "rules" of liberalism do not apply to the preachers.....what a bunch of clowns!!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAA, How Hilarious!!!! HAHAHAHAAA

All respect as deserved....... .....A4