OT: Titans going to AFC Champ Game

Old 01-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts
Default OT: Titans going to AFC Champ Game

Still looking for Superbowl tickets
OR
Accomodations in San Diego near downtown and the stadium.

* Anybody who has tickets who wants to sell them cause their team got hosed, I need some tickets and expect to pay fair market value for them.
* Same token, if you have room reservations and are no longer needing them, I'll be glad to take your reservations (all you gotta do is call and relist the name on them).

So far I got plane tickets, but since they are Southwest, I can't reassign them to anybody. If I find rooms or tickets and my team doesn't go, I'll throw them to one of you guys.

Mike
Old 01-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am glad they are going cuz I hate COWER (sp) but your kicker SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you see Cowers interview after the game? He said that they punter took a couple steps. (ok I will give him that, even though he did not) Then he said that his guy was sliding on the ground, then fell on him and it was just his momentum that took him into the kicker. NOW what one was it, was he on the ground? Cuz if he was then I guess he could not have fallen then could he COWER YOU BABY!!!!

Jon
Old 01-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Only to get beat by the Raiders!!!!
BTW..if you need a room your best bet would be to try up the coast a bit. Escondido or Oceanside have lots of room and only a short drive down 5 to SD. Also from Riverside or any of the small towns south on 15 is a short drive. But then you can always get a room in Tijuana or Ensinada )
Old 01-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Collins - What a game! Heart attack and then recovery, heart attack, recovery.

Today my call will be "J-E-T-S - JETS - JETS - JETS" We need one more home game to go to yet this season!
Old 01-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As they said to Tim Couch" theres no crying in football" ... sorry Bill Cower ...hows it feel!!!!!HE he,, he... (just kiddin)...
Old 01-12-2003, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Item#1: Nedney was a flop in Arizona and they were glad to get rid of him. He's been "okay-ish" for us and really hasn't LOST any games for us yet. Best part, though, is that he's big and makes a lot of tackles on kickoff returns when his hangtime is lame and the returner breaks free of the gunners...

Item#2: Cowher is the HUGEST baby pouty-lipped suckwad ever. How can you love the Steelers when you have such a turd for a coach? Our coach (Fisher) and Cowher are mortal enemies. When they were both playing, Cowher hit Fisher after a play was dead and tore up Fisher's leg. Cowher was called for foul, but the hit ended Fisher's playing career. Cowher laughed at Fisher and bragged about it for years. They don't like each other.
Here's what happened: come up with your own opinion about how to flavor it... In overtime, Titans lined up for a 38 yard field goal, Cowher's boys waited until the ball was about to be snapped and called TimeOut to ice the kicker. The call was too late to stop the momentum of the play and the ball was snapped and kicked - it went thru the center but was , of course, a dead play due to the TimeOut. 30 seconds later, they line up again, and the ball is snapped high. Nedney kicks and it pulls right for a miss. While his kicking leg was still up, the defensive man had dove to attempt a block. His dive puts him on the ground, kind of sideways, sort of rolling and sliding. He rolls/slides into Nedney's still "up" leg sort of turning him. He does NOT hit Nedney's "plant" leg. As Nedney turns from the push on his leg, he does the "kicker's fake" and spins to the ground. Steelers are called for contact with the kicker. Nedney had NOT taken any steps nor had his leg come down yet. NO, the guy did NOT hit him hard, and if Nedney had not exaggerated, he most likely would not have gone down. Nedney is big, however, and a small guy like Grammatica might well have gone down from the contact for whatever that counts... The ball is moved 5 yards closer and Titans get another shot. Again, right as the ball is snapped, Cowher's guys call TimeOut. The official w3atching the snap does not see the call for TimeOut and the play goes on. Snap, Kick, Good, 3 points, Game over. Cowher charges on the field, livid, screaming that they had called TimeOut. The umpire confers with the others. The side judge DID see the call for Time Out but says it definitely came after the snap of the ball. Game Over.
Being the good sport, Cowher blows off reporters and only says that he is mad and they will have to catch him later for comment... Classy. Glad they went home mad.

As far as SanDiego - I'd love to be in town, but don't know how many cancellations will be happening Monday... Anybody know if the Queen Mary is still in Long Beach?

As we left the stadium, my kids and wife were chanting Jets, Jets, J E T S, Jets!

I would love to see Jets squeak one out over Oakland, cause who the h3ll wants to go play in the black hole. I'd be afraid they'd rape me and convert my wife into one of them...

It's only ok to cry in football if you do it while you are running over the opponent (ever see some of those clips of Deacon Jones so angry that tears were rolling down his cheeks as he growled like a wounded rottweiler?? - inspiring..)

You guys keep a lookout for tix and hotel for me - I will reward you with souveneirs from the big game if you turn me onto a source that pans out.(hats, shirts, program, whatever).