We ever going to talk boats?

Notices

We ever going to talk boats?

Old 01-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default We ever going to talk boats?

What the heck is going on these days guys?At any given time about half the posts have nothing to do with boats.....I've made a couple attempts to start threads on drives, stroker kits any winter projects with no success. Where are all the engine guys ?JimV? well Bruce is in hiding but he was a great resource.when I was building my 454's a couple winters ago I got great feed back what gives? Dont take it personally I'm just going through boating with drawls......
Old 01-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OSO or OTO (off topic only)?
I think this happened last winter too. Try the tech section. They try to stick to boats anyway.
Gary
Old 01-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Registered

Well Don, it is way too cold to boat and if you have any questions you can call me I just happen to have 3 800ci stroker monster motors that I can't use and they are taking up space in my living room. The wife says if I start those one more time while she is watching TV she will give them away Better get them now before I run out of Nitro Methane.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Registered

What's a stroker kit?
Old 01-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Registered

Nort, if you are serious it is when you actually increase the stroke or up and dowm motion of the piston. You can turn the crank down for this, deck the block or even shorten the skirt. You lenghten the rod and along with boring you increase the cubic inches. Some have gone as high as 850 and above. It is not a very reliable engine and will need to be torn down often if not every time you run it. 6000hp can do that you know. Hope this helps and if there are others who know more (which I am sure there are) please expound on this
Old 01-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Intolerant1

Stroker kit = Uncensored section

Old 01-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Registered

Originally posted by MitchStellin
Nort, if you are serious it is when you actually increase the stroke or up and dowm motion of the piston. You can turn the crank down for this, deck the block or even shorten the skirt. You lenghten the rod and along with boring you increase the cubic inches. Some have gone as high as 850 and above. It is not a very reliable engine and will need to be torn down often if not every time you run it. 6000hp can do that you know. Hope this helps and if there are others who know more (which I am sure there are) please expound on this
How does increasing the stroke increase cubic inches? I guess that it would if you are increasing the downward stroke, meaning that it moves further way from the valves on the downstroke thereby increasing the CC's of the cylinder. Is that right?
Old 01-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nort...Dont do it man!!! Its too easy!!! Dont...Just Dont!
Old 01-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Re: We ever going to talk boats?

Originally posted by dyno
What the heck is going on these days guys?At any given time about half the posts have nothing to do with boats.....
Believe me Don, I think I kinda know how you feel in some ways.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Just came from dropping my crank off at G&G. Gary thinks he may be able to polish the scratches out. That would be nice. Otherwise It'll have to be turned down .020 rods and .030 crank (if I remember right). Oh well, it's only money.

There, I talked boats.

I have been giving my semi-worthless advice on the tech section. Been in your stroker thread but didn'thave anything worth while to add. Not that that ever stopped me before.

Quick Reply: We ever going to talk boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.