Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Our Trip To Profile Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40940-our-trip-profile-boats.html)

Thirsty Turtle 01-13-2003 10:28 PM

Blackhawk
I like V's, but I agree with you. For cats in this size range I think the 28 Profile is a great looking boat. The line is definately Randy's pride and joy. The boat looked pretty stout in it's raw form and the finish on the completed ones looked good.

MnHowardCat
We may be going down again soon. He had 4 old bolsters that would make great chairs in the shop. Randy said they're ours....just come back and get em.:D

Bruce

jb 01-14-2003 07:01 AM

great colors on tose 2 cats...that gren must realy stand out...

ccarloss 01-14-2003 07:04 AM

Nice pics.....thanks for sharing. What type of drive is that?

Dave M 01-14-2003 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice pics. Here is a pic of my friends 29 V.

Caincando1 01-14-2003 12:37 PM

Profile Quality

I was suprised at the quality of boats being built in the middle of a corn field. Everything is hand laid except small accesory parts will be chopper gunned. They use all end grain balsa. A varietly of Bi-axis and Tri-Axis mesh in 45 degree and 90 degree weave. Cockpits have a full liner as well as cabins. Everything is finished. Very little wood used and none showing anywhere.

28 Cat. I'm always questioning bottom design of cats especially center pod boat. Randy was very up front on his design of the center pod. The hull was originally degined as a true cat for O/B. But with the demand for I/O's he developed a centerpod. I was impressed at how small the canter pod really was. He says the boat will run as a true cat at high speed becasue the center pod is small enough to run out of the water. Most cats don't. The interior is very high quality, built by the same people that build Skaters and Scisms interior. He uses all the best harware, Eddie Marine, Kiekeffer(sp) controls, Gaffrig gauges and every motor is race mounted. The price was right on to 80 grand with a 500 fuely, full Hydraulic steering and all the above mentioned items. Definatly the way to go for that kind of money.

Brian

Wildchild212 01-14-2003 02:06 PM

The drive is a stern power drive, the standoff box was designed by Randy. The green one is Randys it has a two speed trans. for better docking ability. The hull is also ariated in the steps the air scoops for them are on the top of the deck, and the front of the boat does not have a rub rail. the whole boat is way *****in.:cool:

Caincando1 01-14-2003 03:04 PM

I also forgot to mention that the Hull and Cap are completely bonded together. They use a chemical bond 360 degree on the outside and an 8 inch glass bond 360 degrees on the inside. All bolsters are through bolted to the floor with Aluminum plates under the cockpit liner.

The hull is also ariated in the steps the air scoops for them are on the top of the deck
I have pictures of this but wont be able to post them till next week. Randy built a nacaduct(sp) with air intakes on the deck, a compression chamber in the boat then holes exiting into the step.

all hell is gonna break loose
Keep us posted! I'd like to see hell break loose too.:D :D

Ryan Beckley 01-14-2003 05:55 PM

No Wood?
I don't know what the difference between "end grain balsa" and the balsa that is in the little squares. It sure looks like PLYWOOD used to make the bulkheads and 2x6's and 2x8's used to make up the stringers. The 28 Cat design is the old REDLINE cat. It is a VERY fast design with twin OB. The boat CATASTROPHIC won lots of races with their 28 Redline.

blackhawk 01-14-2003 08:36 PM

Brian, thanks for the great info!

[email protected] 01-15-2003 08:18 AM

Glad to hear you are all discussing our boats. We enjoyed having everyone visit.

Randy & Debbie Schultz
Profile Custom Powerboats

Built in the Midwest and Proud of it1