Whats the Best SUV- Denali or Navigator

Notices

Whats the Best SUV- Denali or Navigator

Old 01-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Whats the Best SUV- Denali or Navigator

Wife wants a new SUV, and she has narrowed it down to a Denali or a Navigator. Both are available with GPS Navigation system, sun roof, and a bunch of other bells and whistles. Navigator seems to be more plush, Deneli has more ponys. Both are 4 wheel drive. I feel like the Deneli will have better resale value? Just wanted some other opinions. Have a Powerstroke to pull the boat so towing is not a concern.
Right now the Navigator is leading. We will be breaking it in in a road trip to the Miami Boat show

Old 01-15-2003, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Denali
Old 01-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Navigator is an Explorer with different grill, badging, and 2 extra reflectors on the back.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I have had both, 2000 Navigator, 2001 Denali. Liked the Denali better for handling, power,steering,bose sysytem,seats and comfort. It was just a better over all feel on the road. More control. But... you owe it to your self to check out both models for 2003. Ford corrected alot of there problems in the handling dept, but everything else is much the same, both vehicles are drastically improved for 2003. I just sold the Denali last month, didnt need three full size vehicles, have a Duramax and Powerstroke, my wife now drive a Acura MDX, thats a nice vehicle also. Good Luck, drive them both.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Navigator is not Explorer, it is Expedition. And has stuff can't be found on Exped.

I personally, am not impressed with the 2003 Expedition. Door panels look cheap and the swoopy look of the previous models is gone. New rear suspension drives nice, but no better than previous Navi or Exped with air suspension (std on Navi - opt on Exped). Electric rear seat is a big improvement over previous one, but I wouldn't make a buying decision on it.
The 2003 Navi has a better looking interior trim pkg. than the Exped.

Denali/Navi are more of a brand preference as far as I'm concerned. The 6.0 Denali is a great combo, but the 5.4/300 Navi is not far behind.

The 4x4 Navi/Expeds tend to follow the camber of the roadsurface worse than the GM 4x4s but its not a huge hassle. THe 4x2s of both flavors are hard to fault.

Both vehicles should be regeared if you upsize the tires, but the Navi will "hunt" in and out of overdrive worse than the Denali (only if you upsize).

Bose stereo in Denali is better than the Mach460 in the Navi (or have they gone to a better unit for '03?)

Navi has electric adjustable pedals if your wife is short...
Old 01-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Tom
Registered

Originally posted by HyperBaja
A Navigator is an Explorer with different grill, badging, and 2 extra reflectors on the back.
Although true about the Navigator, an Escalade is not a Denali with a different grill. You should drive one and you'll find out why they are so popular. Escalade is arguably the best SUV in handling, power (345 hp), luxury, comfort, technology, etc. Sports and music stars aren't just buying them for looks.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I like the Caddy Escalade a tad better than the Denali, as Caddy has better customer service, and a better warranty.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

She looked at the Caddys and did not like them. She is going from a CLK 430 Mercedes two door to the navigator or denali. Thats what happens when you get a new rug rat.
She really likes the new Nav. It has nice lots of new kool stuff for 2003. A/C seats, Navigation System etc....

The only thing she likes is these two!!!!

You know how it goes, "if momma is ain't happy, no one is happy"
Old 01-15-2003, 10:50 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

Really no comparison. GM all the way.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:17 PM
Registered

GM is great for boats, but my navigator has outperformed all of the GM vehicles I've had: SS Camara, GMC stepside limited, Tahoe limited. I have now switched completely to Ford: Lincoln LS, and the Navigator. A Navigator is in no way an explorer or expedition. I added a Diablo computer upgrade, Magnaflow exhaust system, and cold air intake, and the truck now smokes all the Escalades and Denali's.

Steve

Quick Reply: Whats the Best SUV- Denali or Navigator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.