Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT Missing Dog????s (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41019-ot-missing-dog-s.html)

Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE 01-14-2003 11:03 AM

OT Missing Dog????s

Looking for ideas on something I may have missed or forgotten to do.
Last night while I was at work, my wife let our 2 Shepards out,to do their duty.About 10 minutes latter she called them to come in,and only 1 showed up.The 1 year old, pure white came when called,but the 5 month pure black never showed all night.
We live in a fairly rural area,But on a major highway.This morning I've drove around most of the roads within a couple miles,have stopped and talked with most neighbors,and called animal control,and will put an ad in the paper this afternoon.
Any other ideas???????
Thanks
Steve

Zoomnfun 01-14-2003 11:06 AM

Good luck man, hope you find your baby.

I always worry about that with our 2 sheps, try and keep a close eye but they like to follow the nose.

Let us know

Dean

XS Wetness 01-14-2003 11:30 AM

Good Luck Steve. I know what you are going through right now and it's no fun. Please keep us posted

HiPerf2000 01-14-2003 11:30 AM

how about a picture at the closest mall or grocery store??

Good luck...keep us informed.

Roger 1 01-14-2003 12:11 PM

Contact your mailman, they know all about the local dogs. School bus drivers, neighborhood kids and the local police. Also contact the local vet`s offices to see if anyone has aquired a ''new'' dog fitting that description. Good luck, my heart goes out to you, let us knowhow things are going...........Roger 1

mr weazelle 01-14-2003 02:27 PM

Call the local Vet's. Has worked for me in the past.

Padraig 01-14-2003 02:34 PM

If you have a picture of them, scan it and print up posters and distribute around. I know people who have found this to work very well.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.

Cignificant 01-14-2003 02:42 PM

I know what you're going through. Our 10-yr-old mutt ran off Jan 4th. We put up posters, called the pound, put ads in the newspaper. The good news is he showed back up Jan 10th. I drove up in the driveway and there he was...

I hope the same happens for you..

ArtsWarlock 01-14-2003 03:12 PM

Steve, I know exactly what your going through. Last Saturday our 7 year old boxer went off on her usual walkabout and didn't come back. I've put up posters called vets and animal control, talked to mailman, ups.sheriffs deputies, feed stores, co-ops. The last thing that was recommended was to call boxer rescue and see if anyone has called in. I also know a friend who eventually put up reward posters and got a call after 8 days. Good luck and our thoughts are withyou. Art

D_Casten 01-14-2003 03:19 PM

Put food out .. and the other dog on a chain or in a run if possible. It will keep her by the house if she returns while you're gone.