Notices

new truck

Old 01-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Princess,

You still need to determine how much "truck" you need in your vehicle. What do you see yourself hauling in the box? If nothing long, then a short box is fine. The extended cab is wonderful, but makes the truck long and more of a hassle to park. Also won't fit in some garages.

A shortbed regular cab is easier to park. Doesn't have much room in the cab.

A Tahoe/Yukon is a great vehicle for a horse girl. So is an Expedition (I prefer to steer clear of the Explorers, even the new improved ones - I just think they aren't as good of a value than the Expeditions). Plenty of room inside, able to haul stuff in the back and keep your cargo dry and away from prying hands.

Yukon/Tahoe can also be had with 2-doors if you prefer the sporty look (you give up access to the rear seats, but kids are limber...)

A 4x4 will cost more, insurance will cost more, it will be a more sluggish performer, it will use more gas. Flipside is that it can bust thru big deep mudholes! Most street-driven 4x4's don't need to be 4x4's. (I'm not trying to steer you away from a 4x4, just trying to help you with an informed decision -- Both of my personal trucks are 4x4's). 4x4 does help with HEAVY boats on STEEP and SLICK boat ramps, but 4x2 is fine for boats up to 22' or so on a normal ramp.

Cute cars can be very economical and sporty cars are fun to drive. Cars are usually quicker than trucks. Car tires cost less than truck tires.

Give us more to work with and I'll fedd you more info.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you do go pick up make sure you get the ext. cab or crew cab. You will HATE as I did the small cab. If you have stuff you have to pile it up next to you, more then one extra person...IT SUCKS. The Ext cab should not increase your insurance any as far as I know.

Jon
Old 01-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mcollinstn Thanks so much. Heres the specs: I currently have one horse, dads got the 26 daytona with twins, im going to college( so I'll need the extra cab), some time in the future I would like to lift it so I can off road it just a little, I would prefer something arround an F 150 size, and I don't know if I want 4 wheel drive or not, I want something safe and dependable. but other than that I have no idea. So all help is welcom
Old 01-14-2003, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kohldog,
I looked at that Chevy 2500HD Crew cab with the duramax diesel and it was stickered 42k +

You must be a verry good Little Princess!

Cordell
Old 01-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Registered

Jon is right,
I have a regular cab 1 ton 4x4 and I hate it! The truck before was an extended cab and I miss the extra room.
Cordell

Originally posted by Audiofn
If you do go pick up make sure you get the ext. cab or crew cab. You will HATE as I did the small cab. If you have stuff you have to pile it up next to you, more then one extra person...IT SUCKS. The Ext cab should not increase your insurance any as far as I know.

Jon
Old 01-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Steve_H

how bout this badboy!
Attached Thumbnails new truck-pwgn1400.jpg  

Old 01-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Just Say N2O

You should check out the 2003 Ram 1500 with the new 5.7 Hemi engine. The 4 door is very practicle, truck has some nice touches like all kinds of additional storage. Infinity stereos are HARD to beat, and the new 5.7 is 345 hp.

Old 01-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ford or Chevy ...... What the hell are you somking

Nothing can touch the dodge 5.7 Hemi

I just ordered my new dodge. Its a 1500 4 door XLT Sprot with the 5.7 , 345 HP Hemi, 392 Psi rear with 4 weel disk anti lock breaks, 20" rims and 11 speaker cd, cassett sterio, Black with dark gray interior. its going to be one bad ass truck. I bought the truck for 1% over dealer invoice. I have the break down of the dealer cost for the truck and options. if you want me to fax it to you let me know it might help with haggeling with the salesmen. I havent found anyone yet that could beat the price.

Sory about busting on the ford / chevy thing. You know that old Ford Vs Chevy Vs Dodge thing I couldnt help it

paul
Old 01-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I know it's been said at least 2 or 3 times now, but it's worth repeating. Don't get a standard cab pickup. I've owned 2 of them (You'd think I would have learned the first time) and hated them. You'll be surpised how much you appreciate the extra room in an extended cab.
By the way, a 150 Supercrew sounds like it would make a good truck for you. I know when I was younger, I always had at least 2 or 3 people in my car. Two extra doors makes life easier.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Okay, extracab it is...

Now, if you want to go offroad "just a little" chances are that a 2WD non-lifted truck will still work just fine for you. You can still put some All Terrain radials on the 2WD truck and get around in the dirt/grass just fine. NOW, if you are going to be pulling a horse trailer up steep hills in wet grass, then a 4x4 may be what you want. If you are more concerned with the "Look" then a 4x4 will be more in line with what you are wanting.

As far as any safety issues, 4x4's DO have a higher center of gravity, but all full-size current-generation 4x4 pickups (that are not lifted) have an acceptable safety record regarding rollovers. If you lift it, it gets less safe...

Ford, GM, and Dodge all offer nice 1/2 ton extracab trucks. If you haul 5 people frequently then a SuperCrew Ford may be what you want, otherwise, anybody's extracab with the "half doors" in the back are fine.

Are you looking new or used?

Quick Reply: new truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.