Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   new truck (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41061-new-truck.html)

IDRPSTF 01-14-2003 09:16 PM

im going to college( so I'll need the extra cab), some time in the future I would like to lift it so I can off road it just a little,
Why will you need the extra cab because you are going to college? Unless it is to haul around all those books, you are back on the "Getting a Smack" list.
As for Off Roading...Good way to ruin a new truck.
PINTO, its compact and sexy, ask anyone!

little princess 01-14-2003 09:26 PM

ok i guess i have to be blunt IDRPSTF i don't like pintos. The extended cab is for road trips with friends and for my bag when I go out to Lake Havasu. I am not too much of an engine buff so can some of you wonderful OSO guys tell me what the deal is with the hemi. Sorry guys but for small cars I have to go with my dream which is a 1969 Corvett Stingray.

little princess 01-14-2003 09:28 PM

Troutly UT said that you investigate traffic accidents. Is that true

mcallinstn thanks for reminding me about the higher center of gravity I had completely forgoten about that.

IDRPSTF 01-14-2003 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dare to dream my little one!

little princess 01-14-2003 09:45 PM

why is that your dream house? :D

Douggie Fresh 01-14-2003 09:47 PM

Good one Sam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcollinstn 01-14-2003 09:48 PM

Since girls don't wear anything at Havasu, am I to assume that the bag is for your head? Don't do that!! You are being far too critical of yourself. There's no need for that, just put on a little lipstick and maybe a bit of mascara - it'll all be just fine...

I have three Vettes in different stages of disassembly in a warehouse right now. One of em is a '69 coupe.

The Hemi Dodge is not a concern for you. It is the newest High Output V8 available in Dodge trucks this year. Don't waste your money on a huge motor.

If you get a GM, the 5.3 is just fine for you. If you get a Ford, a 4.6 is okay for a 4x2, but the 5.4 is more desirable for a 4x4. Dodge has several V8s available, but you will be better served to go with any of the more "normal" Magnum V8's.

(the Hemi refers to the shape of the top of the cylinder head which forms the stationary side of the combustion chamber - in this case it is "half of a sphere, or Hemi-Spherical").

blackhawk 01-14-2003 09:48 PM

It sounds like a 1/2 ton truck would suit you just fine. I worked in the car business for a few years and drove about every make and model of 1/2 ton trucks. Ford, Dodge and Chevy all make good trucks.

But, after driving and owning trucks that rattled, shook, had horrible wind noise and so-so ride quality after a few thousand miles I decided to buy a Toyota Tundra. 1/2 ton truck slightly smaller than the others with an unbelievable ride, NO wind noise and NO rattles and the double overhead cam V-8 is so smooth.

I am sure I'll catch some slack for this but unless one of the big three make some major changes in quality my next truck will be another Toyota. Just my .02.

little princess 01-14-2003 09:50 PM

Thanks Fresh. He asked for it.

little princess 01-14-2003 09:53 PM

Mcollinstn want to send the 69 vett my way.