Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Duramax wins! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41136-duramax-wins.html)

Semper Fi 01-15-2003 05:03 PM

I have driven both of these trucks and I find it hard to believe that the Chevy Duramax beat the Ford PSD. I think they are both great trucks, but the Ford really seemed alot faster. I really would have to see it to believe it. I have a '99 Ford PSD (chipped/ K&N filter and 4" exhaust) and the new PSD is faster than mine!!! No joke!!

The real F*cked up thing is that I highly doubt the trucks were warmed up and the abuse (somewhat) they were put through isn't good for a new unbroken in motor.

traviss 01-15-2003 05:13 PM

Originally posted by 283CHECK
Travis, that i'd like to have seen:D

You also have to take into account the driver and his/her experience!!

LOL! both male drivers in 4 high with there foots to the floor :D :D

blown1500 01-15-2003 05:37 PM

Sorry guys my brother in law has a d-max ,,,chipped,exhaust,air-box and it will fly ,the interior is hands down better than the ford .
I really like the d-max ! don't take this as slaming the ford its a good truck ,just not for me , I'm a chevy proven guy

And towing it (the d-max) will pull down a small building
the 7.3 we have used before did not seem as strong ,but we haven't chained them together yet ,its coming

:D :D

outlawinil 01-15-2003 06:10 PM

BSAG- You snorted too many fumes or you don't know the difference between the two trucks. The Duramax will probably beat a stock 7.3 powerstroke with both being empty at a stupid drag race. But it will not beat a 6.0 PS, there is a difference and are you sure it was a 6.0? Why buy a diesel to drag race? Hook a trailer to both and see what you find out and report back to us and then you got something to tell

cgarrett 01-15-2003 09:24 PM

I've been doing some research on the 3/4 - 1 ton trucks and this thread will make you shake your head. It is very,very long but talks about how a guy had major problems with GM. Sure has me thinking about my options.
Cordell

http://www.woodalls.com/forums/index.../342064#342064

mcollinstn 01-15-2003 10:25 PM

stock Duramax will kill a stock 7.3 PS
stock 6.0 PS will kill stock Duramax. I've got one of each on the lot. PS has 6,000 miles on it. Duramax has 12,000 on it. Both stock - both broken in, both 4x4 both automatics.

Pulled a trailer with 2 cars on it up the same mountain with both trucks. Bottom line - stock for stock the 6.0 PS is the MAN.

If you're gonna mod them up, I'm sure you can get both of them to ignite their tires till the hoods blow off em... Whatever that tells ya.

EvilTwin 01-16-2003 08:13 AM

I like them all but,

A year ago I did what you guys asked about a tug war. Except mine was the F250 V10 regular cab with a Banks chip against the 2500HD Duramax Extended Cab. On 3 day old black top road in front of my friends Jack and Jill Wedding shower. 125 people witnessed it and some took photos (I wish I could get them). This guy started shooting his mouth off about his truck being the best ever built. I mentioned I had a gas powered Ford and he immediatley said want to see how bad I can pull you! I agreed of course. I don't have posi in the rear end so I knew I was at a little disadvantage. We hooked back to back and I put mine in 2nd (automatic) do to less traction. At first neither of us moved but then I started to feel myself going forward little by little then faster. Then he must of paniced (sp) and then blew his tires loose. All 4 of his tires were smoking. I drove away with him down the road. He left the party 5 minutes later.

mcollinstn 01-16-2003 08:29 AM

Good show ET.. he he
I love it when the bigmouths have to swallow their own load.

The pulling issue, though, is good for bar bets but doesn't necessarily show the better, stronger truck. It's a roll of the traction dice, with driver skill amplified more than the truck's attributes...

Hitch height affects the equation (higher is better - loads your rear tires PLUS unloads his) and momentum can be a factor, too (I've seen too many where the first Herman with his foot down yanks the other truck hard enough to break its traction). Rear posi's will dramatically affect the outcome as well.

Beeeg Seecret: If you are challenged to a pull-off, drop your rear tire pressure to 20psi - You'll WIN.

(it's spelled panicKed :) )

26scarab 01-16-2003 08:37 AM

Just making a statement not trying to start anything but if either the Chevy or Ford are the best trucks then why did the Dodge 3/4 and 1 tons get awarded truck of the year by Motortrend magazine ? I caught the show on cable and they tested all the trucks in different "real world" situations.
I believe they tested both gas and diesel engines.

MitchStellin 01-16-2003 08:50 AM

Hey Chuck, if you drive to the UP with me we can chain ours together:D PSD X / Dodge 5.9 I wonder if my extra (the trucks) weight would help me?:eureka: